(12) Big Changes

Luz's POV

"Hey there Alador. You've wanted my family and I to come by here?" My mom was leaning against a pillar while she waited for us to arrive in the castle.

"Yes. There's something urgent that I need to announce in front of all of you." The look on my mother and Vee's face were held in a hint of interest.

"What's going on?"

"Luz and I chatted on our way here and had some thoughts planned out. I've decided that you'll no longer be the leader of my army."

"Is it because my leg is screwed up for the role?" Eda wasn't phased much from King Alador's words.

"Sort of. I have chosen to step up and fight back for my people. I no longer want to be seen as a coward who watches their knights risk their lives at a battle or war. That is why I'll be the general and you'll be assigned as second in command once you have been healed completely. I'll have to find someone who's fit to be in second command for now, and Luz will be watching over my family while I am away."

"This is a lot for me to take in but I agree with whatever you have in mind," Eda smiled.

"Not to sound rude or anything your majesty, but what does that have to do with my other daughter and I?" Mama raised an eyebrow.

"I want to ask you for permission if Luz can stay over with my family to protect and watch over them."

"Oh, Alador. There's no need to ask me permission for Luz to stay over at your place. She is an adult after all. She'll be very happy to stay over."

"You're right about that mama," I winked.

"Right. I just wanted to make sure that you wouldn't be upset that I'd take Luz away from you just to make sure my family are safe."

"It's fine, really. My daughter can do whatever she likes as long as it's not illegal. I'll be perfectly okay if both my daughters are off on their own."

"That's amazing to hear because I would like Vee to become a knight and a doctor if she's willing to do that," everyone turned their direction towards my twin sister.

"Oh uh... It's an honor to be picked to become a knight and a doctor, but I'm not sure if I'm cut out for it," Vee waved her hand nervously

"You are Vee. If you weren't, I would've picked differently. You're smart, strong, and useful when it comes to saving lives and treating people's wounds or illnesses. If you'd like, I'll even have Camila go along with you."

"Looks like you want the entire family to be working for you," Eda teased.

"Well yes. I mean, all of you are one of a kind. I have enough bedrooms for the four of you to sleep in. That way you're not far from the palace once you are all beginning your duties," the king suggested.

"Well...It's up to my wife and kids," Eda gathered us close to her.

"I'm fine staying here," I admit.

"Yeah, me too!" Vee agreed.

"I agree with my children," mother answered.

"Then, it'll be our honor to take your consideration and work with you King Alador. We will stay here," lastly, Eda responded.

"I'm glad. I'll make sure that your rooms are prepared. I will have someone pick up your stuff once you've packed for them to bring it over here."

"Thank you so much King Alador. You don't know how much this means to us," mama was thankful for Alador.

"Anytime Camila. If any of you have questions, feel free to ask me, my wife, or kids if I'm not here. And please call us by our first name. There's no need to be formal."