(10) The Start of a Battle

Luz's POV

A month has passed after my mission to get Lilith to retreat her and her army back to their kingdom. A couple of things happened during that time. Viney and Jerbo were able to confess their love towards the twins which they felt the same way. If only I had the guts to confess to Amity. Alador and Odalia were happy that the twins had someone to love.

Moving on to a trip that my family, Amity, and I went to. We visited the Cuticle Kingdom to meet with Boscha, Princess Willow, and the kings. There were more plants planted around the land than the last time I came there. I never thought a domain would be very colorful and smell good at the same time. It was an amazing experience as I got to spend time with my friends and family.

Throughout the visit, Boscha and Willow have been flirting with each other non-stop. I think this was a sign to confess my love for Amity. After our trip was over, Eda had to be sent off for a week to help out a kingdom who we are allied with. That's when Amity decided to sleep over at my house, so my mom and Vee wouldn't feel alone without Eda.

Once she returned, there was a huge festival set up. We always have them once a year. It's a tradition where the entire Blight family come out together and celebrate with their people for fun. I have always looked forward to them ever since I was young. There will be food, music, performances, and fireworks. I'm going to have a blast.

3:30 pm

"Are we all ready to head out? I need to check in with Alador before we can actually enjoy ourselves at the festival," Eda asked everyone.

"I think we are. Are we okay for everything, Luz and Vee?" My mother waited for my sister and I to respond which we both nodded.

"Great. Let's head out then."

One by one, we left our house and strolled towards the castle. Many people were setting up stands and hanging banners and other decorations on houses.

"It seems everyone is getting into the spirit for today's festival," Vee mentioned.

"Everyone has always been like that. You know we are known as the happiest kingdom," I responded.

"You're right about that sis. No wonder you've been smiling like a crazy lady whenever you are around Princess Amity." A smirk grew on Vee's face as I blushed lightly. I heard my moms snicker in front of me from what my twin sister said. My mom and Vee knew about my crush on her when Amity slept over.

They noticed right away from the way I act around the princess. Ever since then, they have been giving me advice on how to ask her out. On the other hand, Eda already knew that I like Amity more than friends. She's been hinting at Amity for me, but it's obvious that Am is oblivious.

"Do you guys want to head inside or would you rather out here?"

"We will stay here. I don't want these two to be such a ruckus in front of the king and queen," my mom placed a hand on top of my head and Vee's.

"I'll be quick then," Eda left while we stood outside.

"We don't cause any ruckus. We are adults mama," I tried convincing my mom.

"Even so, you'll run off to find Amity and Vee will be touching everything she sees."

"She does have a point sis," Vee smirked once again.

"I wouldn't run off to Amity. Her and I are just friends and will be that way forever."

"Sure Luz. Keep telling yourself that. If you don't end up telling the princess how you feel, who knows if someone will come by and sweep her feet off from the ground."