(19) Preparations

Next day

1:30 pm

Luz's POV

"Okay. Here's the plan," Alador spread out a massive layout of what's around our kingdom as far as one-hundred miles. There were kingdoms, lands, mountains, and towns labeled on the map. Alador brought out wooden figurines that had markings placed on it and set it on top of the map. You might be wondering, what the heck is going on? Alador invited Hunter, Lilith, my family, the rest of the important knights, and I to a big meeting. This was about the final solution to ending Belos and his gang.

"Here we are on the map. And over here is the Demon Realm where Belo's kingdom is at. I got word from Belo's messenger that Belos is planning to settle the war in Eclipse Lake. That's more towards the west of us," Alador used his finger to follow along the west side of the Boiling Isles.

"This is where Eclipse Lake is. If we move slightly to the west, there's just nothing but dirt and trees surrounding the area. This gives us a greater chance to have our men on the trees and use crossbows to knock down a lot of enemies. That's where these four figurines come in." The wooden sets Alador mentioned each have different letters painted on it.

"Each of these colored letters represents our teams. Blue A will be my group and I. Edalyn will be in charge of Red B. Green C is led by Jerbo and Viney. Purple D will be Hunter and Lilith's team. Last but not least, Vee and Camila will be in charge of squad Yellow E. Now, my group and I will be in the front row to attack Belo's goons first. Behind us will be Edalyn's crew who will also be going after our nemesis," the king began to move the pieces on the map.

"Jerbo and Viney will be the ones to get our knights on the trees to snipe out the enemies from high ground. Hunter and Lilith will be leading a little of our army to ambush the small crowd Steve will bring us to kill at this specific spot," he continued placing the figurines where it needed to go.

"Camila and Vee's gang will be spread out behind Eda's party and waiting until they spot someone who is injured. Every single one of us will have a shield to protect ourselves. Including our nurses. This will give us a huge advantage to survive and win. The thing is, I don't want any casualties from my side. I know you all pledged to protect and die for your people, but I want you to think about what's ahead of you. Think about your family, friends, and loved ones while brawling out on the battlefield. That will give you strength. I look forward to battling by your guy's side," Alador concluded his plan.

"We're internally grateful and excited to have you back with us to fight," Eda smiled widely.

"Thank you, Edalyn. All of you will do a magnificent job and so will I. Belo's head is mine while his army's heads are yours. He'll never know what's coming. You're all dismissed, and thank you all for your participation and hard work." Everyone in the room began leaving one by one. My family were the last ones to leave which left King Alador and I alone.

"Hey Luz. You need something?"

"Not really. I was just wondering what your family will be doing while all of us are out for battle."

"Great question. Odalia and the twins will be staying here watching over the kingdom. Amity wants to come with us which I will allow. I did tell my daughter that she will stick with Jerbo and Viney shooting up the goons. Of course, Amity didn't like the idea. She's a stubborn girl. Just like me," the king smiled.

I grinned back and responded, "Yeah she is. I thought it was a crazy idea for Amity to be in battle, but she wanted to prove that she, as future queen, can help and fight alongside the rest of us."