(20) Love and Happiness is Our Ending

A/n: Peep my drawing ^^

Luz's POV

When I was little, I always wanted to be a knight. I got inspired by Eda when she came into my life. She helped me accomplish my goals and make it reality. I was able to become a personal knight for the youngest Blight to protect. Not only that, but it gave me a huge opportunity to meet new people. I was also face to face to one of the most infamous criminal of all time. Now, I'm here going to war for the first time in my life. There is a reason as to why I am here, and that is to protect and fight for the people and place I call home.

"ATTACK!!!" Belos and Alador yelled, holding up their swords high in the air. Everyone else did the exact same thing, moving forward to charge at each other. I looked at Amity who was next to me, waiting to go towards our enemies.

"Are you ready?" I asked my girlfriend.

"Heck yeah I am! What about you?"

"So am I. I'm going straight for those beast. If I take them out quicker, we can worry less about them harming someone."

"I'll go with you to help."

"Are you sure?" I cautiously questioned.

"Oh I am definitely sure. I learned a few of your moves when I first saw you fight that beast in the arena," Amity smirked.

'Woah. She remembered,' I thought while feeling flustered.

"Then let's put those skills to work hermosa!"

"You got it my fearless champion!"

We both had our horses speed to the creatures who were drooling and roaring in anger. I brought out my sword once we got closer to them. I stood on top of King with the lead rope on my hand to prevent me from falling as he ran quick. My cape and hair were flowing behind me while approaching the deadly being.

"I'll attack on top while you go for their feet!"

"You got it!" I heard Amity yell across.

First up was the demons. There were a lot of them compared to the minotaurs and ogres. They were the main ones that needed to be killed as soon as possible. I jumped out of King's back and landed on the shoulders of demon number one. I slashed the back of its head downward to its back then stabbing my sword straight into its head, killing it immediately. I dropped down on top of King to see Amity had already sliced both of its legs. One demon down, seven more to go.

"Look out Luz!"

I turned around to see a minotaur speeding steadily to me. I grinned like a maniac while I threw myself on the beast. I held myself by its neck with my sword and my other arm as it tried to throw me off itself, however I wouldn't move. I twisted my weapon and shoved it further down before pulling it out. The minotaur cried loudly before falling onto the ground. I got off the monster to see Amity killing another demon. She finished it off by slicing its neck. I smiled in admiration for Amity not holding back to kill anything that tries to murder our people.

I looked around to see other knights, including Eda, fight off the other mortals. Right as I saw my mom finished killing a demon, lots of arrows were shot in the air. It fell down all the way in the back of where Belo's men stood, awaiting their turn to fight. It managed to struck through their protective gear with some swiftly being eliminated and others, not so much. Amity and I were no longer able to focus on the beasts because there were troops that managed to get past our knights and are ready to go after the rest of Eda's team.

"This is it princess! Our time to shine."

"I'm ready."

Both of us pulled out the shields from our backs and screamed out a battle cry while lunging towards Belo's soldiers. We were swifter than them, being able to puncture our blades through their body in a matter of seconds. Once I had enough time to look around my area, I detected Alador going against Kikimora. Belos was nowhere in sight. He might've fled or hid where no one can find him until he attacks somebody.