(14) Lies and Liars

Hunter's POV

I was panting hard and felt close to fainting after hours of training. I haven't had a single break nor was I able to drink water during my session. It all felt like torture.

"There's no time to relax Hunter. Your life's on the line if you keep stopping yourself from fighting," Kikimora hovered over me with fury in her eyes. I was on my knees and hands feeling close to vomiting up my breakfast. Everything around me was spinning. If only I didn't agree to take over this job. I wouldn't be feeling sick to my stomach.

"I think we should stop. I'm not feeling well," I suggested.

"Stop? You want to stop? You'll never succeed if you don't push yourself hard enough. You will be known as a failure when you don't accomplish the mission Belos has assigned you. I wish King Belos chose me to do the task because I know I would've done a better job than you."

"I wish the same thing but too bad that I'm a better option than you," I slightly smirked at Kikimora. I've always wanted to rub it in her face of how I'm a better choice than her. She took offense and scoffed while going to the other side of the room. I stood up from the ground as my legs were getting wobbly. I used my sword as a cane and focused on Kikimora who was leaning against the wall.

"I can't believe Lilith would run off with a plan in her mind without telling Belos about it first. You were in on it too which could've got you killed."

"You should know by now that I'm too valuable for Belos to kill me. Either way, he approves what Lilith and I planned together. My uncle believes that our idea is brilliant and would have never thought of it," I explained.

"It better be worth it. If Lilith doesn't bring in details that are not worthy to hear, I'll be glad to slain her under Belo's command."

"I won't let that happen. She's risking herself in the Boiling Isles Kingdom and all you could think about is killing her when she's doing her best by herself? You should have faith in her instead of being such a negative person! Lilith is doing her best to gather information about Alador's next move on us that will help us conquer them. She'll make it happen. My uncle will see that she's worthy and realize that you're nothing but dirt on the bottom of his shoes," I stared down at Kikimora.

"You're such a brat! I knew I should've left you when you were a small child," Kikimora blurted out. My eyes went wide and my mouth gaped. I was shocked to hear what Kiki said to me. She made a sound that told me she was irritated and smoothed out her hair.

"What're you talking about?"

"You should discuss this with Belos. I've said too much."

"No wait! You've mentioned it and now you must tell me!" Kikimora left without saying anything. I clenched my sword tightly before screaming in frustration and tossed it at the wall. The sharp part went through the thin wall as the handle faced my way. I walked quickly out of the training room and began searching for Belos. I needed to know the truth. I wasn't sure if Kikimora said it to get on my nerves or if it's actually the truth. Either way, I'll find out from my uncle himself.

I looked and looked for Belos for a few minutes around the castle. I was becoming furious as each minute passed by. My mind was running wild, trying to figure out a memory from when I was an infant. No matter how hard I tried, it was becoming difficult and made me upset. I noticed I was zoning out when I bumped into someone on accident. I looked up to see Belos staring at me with a small smile on his face. I searched his face and saw that he didn't have the same resemblance as me.

"Hello there, Hunter. I see you're done with your training earlier than I anticipated."

"Yeah I am. I'm sorry for bumping into you. I wasn't paying attention."