VII

"Hyung, w-what happened to my Tae? He's ok, r-right? I want to see him please tell me where's he, hyung?" Jungkook asked anxiously.

"Jungkook, first calm down. He'll be fine, Doctor is operating him" Jin replied wiping his cheeks as he made Jungkook sit on a chair in waiting area which was just outside the operating room.

"O-operating room...w-why hyung? He was fine till morning what happened to him all of sudden?"

"I too don't know, Jungkook....In afternoon when he didn't come down for lunch, I myself headed to his room to call him and that's when heard his loud wailing. I rushed into his room and found him on the floor crying and screaming because of severe pain in his stomach...
I became so afraid and I tried to calm him but as it was getting worst I called our family doctor. He told me to take him hospital..and"
Jin looked down.

Jungkook placed his own hands on Jin's. "Thank you, hyung"

Jin looked up at him.

"Thank you for taking care of my Tae when I was not with him"

Jin replied nothing but just stared at Jungkook for few seconds before averting his eyes from him.
"Some paperwork is yet to be done at the reception...so I'll go and.."

Jungkook nodded and soon Jin left from there.
He wiped his face before massaging his aching forehead.
"I'm sorry Tae for not being with you when you needed me the most...I'm really a bad husband....I'm so sor-"

He raised his head at the creaking sound of the door.

"Doctor How's he?" Jungkook immediately went to the doctor who just came out of the operating room.

"You are..?

"Husband of the patient inside, Jeon Jungkook"

"Oh,ok....He's fine for now...but"

"But?"

"I can't tell if he'll be OK till the delivery of the baby, you're already aware of his condition"

"W-what condition? What do you mean D-Doctor?"

Doctor furrowed his brows at Jungkook who seemed totally unaware of Taehyung's actual state.

"D-Doctor?..."

"He's physically too weak to bear a child, Mr Jeon... and even if he made it somehow till the delivery, there are less than 3% chances to save both of them....... unfortunately you have to choose between any one of them."

Those words from doctor fell on Jungkook like a storm, he stumbled back in shock while his eyes pooled up with tears.
He doesn't even want to imagine his life without Taehyung, his love, his everything. His life will be worthless without him.
And thinking about how happy Taehyung is, after learning the he was pregnant adding worst to it.

Doctor placed his hand on Jungkook shoulder.
"You still have 1 month of time Mr Jeon, you have an option of abortion till his first trimester... think about carefully If you both really want this child."
Doctor patted him on his shoulder before leaving from there.
Jungkook fell on his knees totally unaware of the stare of peoples passing by him.

"Kookie, will I be a good 'Appa?"

"No." Jungkook just blurted out while eying Tae's expression who's smile almost disappeared hearing that particular word from Jungkook.
He lowered his head trying his best not show his teary eyes to his husband.
Jungkook let out a small chuckle at his innocent husband before making him to look at him by his chin.
"You'll not be a good 'Appa' but will be 'the best Appa' of this world."
He said wiping his eyes softly, lovingly planting kiss on each of them.