𝐊𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬- 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐲

·•◊•·A/N: First requested imagine!!!

·•◊•·Word count: 616

·•◊•·Trigger warning: Knives.

·•◊•·Pairings/Extra: John Murphy x Reader

·•◊•·Prompt:

Murphy: Don't worry, I have a few knives up my sleeve.
Y/n: I think you mean cards.
Murphy, pulling knives out of their sleeves: No, I do not.

︵‿୨♡୧‿︵︵‿୨♡୧‿︵︵‿୨♡୧‿︵︵‿୨♡୧‿︵︵‿୨♡୧‿︵︵‿୨♡୧‿︵︵‿୨♡୧‿︵

Murphy being the absolute genius he is decided it would be a great idea for the pair of you to go to this bar type place in Polis. Aka the drunk and aggressive grounder hot spot.

Murphy had described it as a 'date night' type of thing. So here you are walking into this bar hand in hand with Murphy.

Eyes were on the two of you the moment you had stepped into polis and now they definitely weren't going to stop.

"Dirty sky people.", one of the grounders shouted as you made your way to the bar area. Truth be told you had an almost just as explosive temper as Murphy but not quite as bad. Murphy clenched his fists and began to face the direction of which the disgusting comment came from.

You grabbed his arm and looked at his tense face. "Murph.", you raised an eyebrow.

"Fine.", he said already knowing what you were going to say without actually saying it.

Through the night serval more comments were made towards you and you snapped at the last one. "Dirty skikru, why don't you go back to where you came from and take your tech with you." Some older man said along with some other horrendous stuff about you. A couple of cheers come from the bystanders and that's what really gets you going.

Before Murphy can act himself you run towards the grounder man and punch him in the jaw. Murphy stands shocked watching you and he mumbles a quiet 'hot' before running over to you.

Grounders are pulling you off, some grabbing out their swords and others just swinging their fists at you. You kick and punch but you're both out numbered.

Then some more grounder enter and ask "What's going on?", in their language. You and murphy take this chance to slip under an old broken table towards the back of the room.

You and murphy look at each other for a moment. You have a split lip and a couple of bruises appearing already. Murphy has a black eye and a split eyebrow.

He leans in and gives you a peck on the lips while lightly holding your jaw just incase it was sore.

When you pull apart he says "Don't worry, I have a few knives up my sleeve.", trying to reassure you. The grounders were already looking around for you both so you needed to act fast.

"I think you mean cards.", You part your lips slightly and give him an almost speechless but amused look.

Murphy begins pulling knifes out from the sleeves of his shirt. "No, I do not.", he reply's taking the last knife out.

You just let out an impressed but bewildered 'ha'. He hands you one and smirks.

Then Murphy runs out from under the table and charges at the grounders knife in hand, you follow his actions and the pair of you get beat up pretty bad but you'll survive.

You ended up spending the rest of the night together, snuggled up in a cave using each others bodies for warmth along with the glowing fire.

Sure his idea was stupid, what other outcome would have the night resulted in apart from this or being dead but look at you now. Healing together, taking care of each other and loving each other even if your still a bit tipsy.

And the fact that you probably couldn't step back into polis without getting jumped but that's life with Murphy.