Unexpected Invitation

3rd POV:

Todoroki Enji was having a bad day. With his constant grumpy mood you might assume that  that was nothing unusual, but today was particularly bad.

A villain that Endeavor had been trying to capture had escaped yet again due to a mistake from one of his interns, his daughter had been very distant and resilient recently and his secretary (he really ought to get a new one) had buried all the important facts under heaps of unnecessary information that he really didn't need. What he did need was a break, but he was well aware that he couldn't afford to randomly take a vacation with his already dwindling medial presence due to the drama the UA students constantly got tangled up in.

So yeah, his day was already less than ideal and it didn't get better.

When Endeavor came back from a long and late patrol spent stopping petty robberies, assaults and accidents, one of which had involved an uncontrolled color-changing quirk that went mayhem and had temporarily changed his hair color to green and blonde and additionally his clothes to a perverted version of All Might's suit, and helping an old lady over the street (his PR agent had told him he should do more "small, heroic deeds" in public to appear more friendly and more present) he was pissed. Not being able to let out his already pent-up anger on bigger villains he decided he would visit his rage room right after finishing up his report.

The rage room was a large, completely fire proofed room filled with heaps of stuff - ranging from All Might merch over furniture to random trash - for him to burn. It was the only good - really good, Enji begrudgingly admitted - idea his new secretary had and the only reason he wasn't fired yet.

Thinking about the infuriating small, cheeky and clumsy man with light purple, fluffy cotton-candy hair made Enji's blood boil even more and so he quickly moved over to his desk to start on the report.

He didn't expect to find a blue envelope laying there with his name written in clear silver lettering.

Todoroki Enji

alias

Endeavor

Picking it up he realized that it was made from good sturdy expensive paper and stamped with an old-school wax seal in black, depicting the logo of UA. Well, their headmaster is an overdramatic rat, what do you expect? 

Breaking the seal he pulled out a piece of parchment - freaking parchment! - that was covered in elegant swooping words of dark blue ink.

Greetings Todoroki-san,

I hope this day is finding you well.

Had I not decided that you wouldn't be pleased by the disturbance I would have visited personally however instead I elected to make sure that this letter finds you and filled it with my invitation.

I, as the principal of the renowned Hero School UA, invite you to partake in this year's Civil War Game, Heroes vs Villains as an observer. It will be held at a special location on school grounds in the coming month. The students will be split into teams of Heroes and Villains and will face off against each other to show their diverse skills and learn perspective and heroic acting in real-life situations. This is a great opportunity for the coming generation and an important event that may even be streamed on national news. This will surely help the heroes-in-training flourish and prepare them for bigger threats they may have to face in their later career.

As an observer you have the task to analyze, comment and assess their actions and decisions. Also under the observers will be the whole of the UA staff, including All Might and myself, as well as Hawks and hopefully you. Having such a wide diversity of observers we hope to get a good opinion on the students' performance.

In accordance with the hero commission you and Hawks will get paid leave for the duration of the exercise and will be provided housing and food.

If you choose to accept this invitation you will be informed about the specifics at a later date.

Best regards,

Nezu

Principal of UA High School

Endeavor scoffed. This was typical for the rat principal. But well, he had just wished for vacation multiple times today and a paid leave sounded like just the right thing. Besides, it would be good for his image to be seen next to All Might, supporting the next generation of heroes.

Compiling an email to Nezu he accepted the invite before finishing up his report and finally making his way to the rage room, passing his secretary who was staring at the screen with wide eyes, Enji's mood lifted a little.