CHAPTER 37

I hum in satisfaction upon smelling the scent smell of the greenery forest around me. There's nothing much to do inside the hideout, and beside were in the deepest part of the woods, so i have decided to stroll around. I'm on top of a log, just admiring the beauty of nature.

I got alarm when I heard the dried leaves creaking and look around but calm down when I saw Jennie, heading to the hideout. It seems like she didnt notice me, considering were like ten meters away from each other. And I didn't bother calling her attemtion as well. I just let her be.

My attention went back to the beautiful greenery in front of me, as I continue to enjoy my time alone.

or not..

A light footsteps slowly made its way towards me, then a soft cooling voice call out for me. "Hey?"

I turn and saw the tofu, gazing down at me, with neutral expression. "What are you doing here?" I ask, due to curiosity but I only receive a shrug of shoulder in response, so I stayed quiet after, averting back my attention to my front.

I felt her scooted beside me, occupying the space. "You?" I look at her when she speak, "What are you doing here?"

I let out a sigh, "Just... needed sometimes to unwind. Things that happened lately was too much. And I'm already preparing myself for more."

Dahyun let out a chuckles, and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Is there something wrong?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"No. There's none." She shake her head then turn to face the nature's beauty, giving me a good view of her breathtaking side profile. She have such a sharp nose.

"I just want to ask something." She remark and I urge her to continue.

"Are you and Sana were really close?" I was taken aback from her question. She seems like the type of person who doesn't give a damn about others.

"yeah, we're childhood friends." I replied and she hums in return.

"When Tzuyu told you where Sana is, I kinda overheard it," Dahyun confessed, and my attention went on her, utterly confused. Why is she saying it right now. "And?" All I could say.

"I follows you and saw her kissed you." I look away as I nearly choked ony spit.

"I was surprised too." I tells.

"Yeah I clearly saw how surprise you are." She muttered nonchalantly, slighty nodding. "Does Sana likes you?"

I was quuet for a moment. I'm not sure myself either, because Sana is really affectionate towards everyone when we were younger and I don't what to assume things too. I have looks, but I would look like nothing If ever I compare myself to Sana. "I don't know" I replied, unsure. My eyes met with beautiful secenery once again, ignoring the staring tofu.

"You're pretty dense you know?" Dahyun tutted, with a smile.

"Not that I'm dense... It just i don't want to assume things, okay?"

Dahyun hums. "If you're not dense, as you said, maybe you have notice Sana, Tzuyu, and Nayeon behaviour around you right?"

I look down on my feet, and nod.

"I maybe not be expert to this kind of things but I am certain, those girls admires you or even better than that." She pointed out her observation but i don't really get her point.

"Why are you telling this to me Dahyun?" My eyebrows meet, waiting for answer.

"Cause I feel the same towards you."

My throat went dry. I felt like my throat was constricted. I blink, unable to sink the word in. "Wha— what?" I squeak out, still not processing the word she have blurted.

"I like you." Dahyun clarified, her eyes flashes nothing but sincerity.

I look down, feeling my blood rushing up to my face. My chest tightening in a way that I can't understand.

"I — I don't how to respond to that Dahyun." I breathed, hoping she won't get offended. I really can't think straight right now. I'm still processing everything she have said.

She held my cheek and lift my head up, for me to look at her. The thing I was expecting its not the thing I'm seeing right now. Dahyun has a charming smile plastered on her face as she reassured me. "I understand Y/n, you're still confused and besides I just want you to know. I'm not looking for answer right now. I just want you to know." 

I hum. I don not what to say nor do.

"But!" I heard her huff, attracting my attention. She have her fluffy cheeks puff up, with a pout stretch on her lips, "can I atleast kiss you?" she ask, as if its not a big deal. She turns to me with cute mad face.

"Yah! Why do you look like you just have seen a ghost?" She pointed, upon seeing my freak out face. Who wouldn't freak out? "I thought you want me to kiss you?"

I choked and stares at her in disbelief. Excuse me? "When did I say that?!" I exclaim, not having a control over my voice because of panic.

"You didn't say it but I saw it on your face." She countered and I can't help but to wheeze. "WHEN!?"

"When we were at the garden! When I almost kiss you that time. I can how desperate you are for my lips." she says it all with confidents.

"DESPERATE?! THE DESPERATE WORD IS TOO MUCH!"

I freak out when she moves closer that our shoulders touch. I start to away in panic and fell on the bunch of dried leaves.Her eyesbrows cocked, "Why? Don't you want my kiss. Don't you know, many are dying to taste this lips of mine."

Where the hell this tofu getting her all confident. Even i couldn't see my face, I know how red it is. It must be the reason why Dahyun wouldn't stop teasing me. It fuel her confidence more. Stupid red face.

Dahyun stand up and walk closer to me, and I abruptly stand up. As I lift my body off the ground, a voice called for us. "Dahyun, Y/n we have some discussion to do!" Our eyes darted to the owner of the voice and saw Jennie not too far from us.

Before I could reply to Jennie, Dahyun beat me, "WE'LL FOLLOW UNNIE!"

Jennie yelled back an 'okay' and walk away. I immediately walk ahead of Dahyun, not wanting to receive another teasing. She tails behind quietly and I'm relieved than ever. Or I just thought so..

A hand tug on my wrist, spinning me around.

My heart stop, like everything around me when a pair of lips claim mine.

Own by none other than Kim Dahyun.