•PROLOGUE•

Y/N's POV

CRASH

Dad was throwing plates at me again. He seems to have drank alcohol. My step mom just stood there, smoking her cigarette in a irritated manner. I was just standing there as my dad kept throwing things at me. Cups. Plates. Bowls. Utensils. Knifes. Some hit me, but most missed due to his intoxicated state.

"WHY CAN YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT! YOUR A WORTHLESS GOOD FOR NOTHING SLUT!" Dad yelled angrily at me as he was angry at me for not making breakfast. My step mother just blew smoke to my face as I coughed.

I hate it here. I want to escape this hell. I'm so tired of living, but if I die.. dad and my step mom will be lonely. They need me.

I was upset at myself for being so useless. I want to make my step mom and dad happy, but I always make mistakes. Why can't I please them? What am I doing wrong? All these questions filled my head as I looked down, trying to hold back my tears as I softly whisper "Im sorry. I woke up late and I was getting ready for school and-"

SMACK

My cheek ached when I saw that my step mom had slapped me. I brought my shaky hand to my aching cheek as I saw the anger in my step mother's eyes.

My step mother yelled angrily, "THAT IS NO EXCUSE FOR YOUR IMPROPER ACTIONS! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED! YOU BETTER NOT LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN OR NEXT TIME IT WON'T JUST BE A SLAP ON THE CHEEK!"

I looked at her and softened my eyes, then a gentle sad smile came on my face, "Alright mother. I won't let it happen again." That is all I said before I walked over to the kitchen and started making breakfast.

-Time skip to getting last things ready-

I had taken the liberty of cleaning the mess from the hallway. The broken pieces of plates, cups, etc. Once I was done, I went to the bathroom and started washing the blood off my body.

The cuts were there. The majority of the cuts weren't too deep apart from one or two.

I watched as the water turned red.
The bathroom sink water echoed throughout the halls.

It was quiet.

I sighed. 'Guess I'll have to cover up with bandages again.' I took out the bandages from the bathroom cabinet and proceeded to wrap it around my arms. Once done, I got some gauze and put it on my right cheek after cleaning it with peroxide.

It was a deep cut but it didn't hurt much after I patched it up. I grabbed my school bag and headed out the door after I finished cleaning myself up.

I looked inside my bag and checked if my manga is there. More specifically the new Demon Slayer manga.

I'm so happy I got my hands on it. It apparently was limited to only 1 copy of this ever. I was lucky enough to have bought it at a garage sell from one of my neighbors.

They were moving away after their daughter disappeared mysteriously. Poor family. I wonder what happened to their daughter.

I had bought the book for $10 which I must say is a pretty cheap price for such a rare copy. I'm guessing they just wanted to get rid of it.

I start feeling sympathetic for that family.

I try to get my depressing thoughts by distracting myself with the book.

I absolutely love Demon Slayer and it's the only thing that can bring me comfort. Keep me sane.

I feel jealous in all honesty. These characters are so unique and have gone through far worse than I have, but they always manage to keep going.