Chapter 7: A Day With the Kamado Family

Y/N's POV

After about 5 minutes, Shinobu finally let me go home to which I was glad. However, when I tried to get up, my legs gave in and I fell on the floor. Tanjiro and Nezuko quickly went over to help me up while Shinobu said, "Your legs may be a little weak for now because of the soreness you feel from your injuries, but if you continue to move around for a bit longer, you will be able to stand and walk properly."

I nod and bowed to her. "Thank you for your help Shinobu-san. I owe you one," I say with gratitude. Shinobu smiled at me and said, "No need to be so formal y/n-san and it was no problem. I will remember your offer however, so don't forget about it." I smile to her and begin to walk out slowly with Tanjiro and Nezuko who are helping me.

My body hurt like crazy from the soreness, but it was less since Shinobu had given me some pain killers to ease the pain. We were currently outside by the gate of the school and it was quiet. I tension was awkward as I know they must feel bad about me, especially Nezuko. She blames herself, but it wasn't her fault.

"So, y/n.." Nezuko began to speak up to which hum and look at her. "Does anyone live with you? Parents? Grandparents? Siblings?" Nezuko asked curiously. I shake my head as I say, "Nope. I live alone." I suddenly feel them stop as I also halt because they're both helping me walk.

I turn to look at Nezuko who immediately grabs me by the shoulders while looking down, startling me. "Your coming home with us," Nezuko said as I just stared at her with dotted eyes. "Huh?" I let out until I face Tanjiro who is looking at me with an agreeing look. "Yes. You shall sleep over at our place," Tanjiro said determined as we soon began to walk again. "W-Wait what?! But I'll be a bother. Plus, I'm perfectly fine," I protest, trying to convince the siblings. "No can do y/n-chan. We made up our mind already," Nezuko told me as she power walked at a speed that I could walk properly. I sigh in defeat after more protests from me, proving ineffective as I just comply.

Soon we arrive at a 1 story house that looked rather cozy. It was a quiet neighborhood with the door in the front while the porch had 2 chairs looking out to the street. They also had beautiful flowers in the front as I quickly recognize one of the many flowers as spider lilies.

I see Tanjiro shuffle through his bag before pulling out a key and unlocking the door. I am at this point able to walk on my own though it is quite tiring, but Nezuko wouldn't let go of my arm while Tanjiro didn't release his grasp from my hand.

As soon as the door shut close behind us, I heard the small pitter patters of footsteps headed our way. Quickly out of the corner of the hallway, out came a girl and two boys. I soon recognized them as Tanjiro's siblings, Takeo, Hanako, and Shigeru. They quickly stop in front of us as they stare at me quietly and back at Tanjiro. "MOM TANJIRO HAS A GIRLFRIEND!" Shigeru yelled as he ran back down the hallway to get his mother.

My face immediately heats up as Shigeru looks at Tanjiro in disbelief while Hanako quietly stared at me. "N-NO! Y-You got it all wrong!" Tanjiro tried to explain before Takeo interrupted him and said while pointing at Tanjiro's hand, "Then why are you holding her hand?" It was dead quiet before I saw Tanjiro's face go red as well, but didn't let go of my hand. I heard Nezuko laugh as she enjoyed the scene.

I suddenly feel small arms wrap around my waist as I look down and see it was Hanako. The little girl then looked up at me with a huge smile. "Are you like an angel or something? You're so pretty like a princess!" the young girl said excited as your heart melts at her being adorable. "Right?! She's so pretty and adorable!" Nezuko says as she hugs me.

I soon see Shigeru again, but this time with his Mom and the youngest. As soon as she saw us she smiled and said, "Well, Tanjiro. Isn't this a surprise." I felt like I was about to pass out from embarrassment while Tanjiro was red as a tomato. "M-mom! It's not what you think. S-she's just my friend!" Tanjiro told her as she giggled and touched his cheek lovingly. "I know I know," his mom told him as Tanjiro just smiled.