Chapter 6: A Ominous Reunion

Y/N POV

It was dark.

It felt like I was in a warm yet mysterious void. It was pitch black. Not a single source of light could be seen. I was oddly calm in this void. Something about it seemed comforting in a way.

As I was looking for nothing in particular, the void starts to suddenly expand in color. My eyes widen as this pitch black void turns into a beautiful shade of blue. It looked like I was at a beach.

Suddenly, from a little ways far from me was a woman holding the moon gently into her hands as she walked by the water. She looked angelic as she hummed a tune. The tune sounded familiar.

As I get closer to her, I could see the woman's features better

As I get closer to her, I could see the woman's features better. My eyes go wide as they start to fill up with tears, freezing in my spot.

"M-mom..?"

The said woman placed the moon down and turned to look at me. She smiled softly and held her arms out. As soon as I saw this, I quickly run up to her, tears streaming down my face. "MOM!" I soon engulf her into a hug, the tears kept flowing as I buried my head into her shoulder. "Oh y/n.. don't cry.. shhh.. it's okay, your okay." I heard her say in a soothing tone. Her embrace felt so warm. I missed this. I missed her. "I-I missed you.. so, so much.." I say in between sobs.

"B-but how? How am I seeing you?" I manage to mutter out. She simply smiled without giving me an answer. "Y/n... do you want to hold the moon?" I suddenly hear my mom ask. I nod and she takes my hand as she walks towards the moon she placed down.

When we reach it she beckons me to sit down on the sand next to her to which I quickly comply. She giggles at my enthusiasm and picks up the moon. "Now, you have to be gentle okay?" I nod in understanding as she hands me the illuminated sphere. As the moon gets placed on my hands, I expected it to be heavy, but it was surprisingly soft and as light as a feather. It was a beautiful sight as I hold the moon close to me, being gentle with it as my dress lays out softly.

 It was a beautiful sight as I hold the moon close to me, being gentle with it as my dress lays out softly

I suddenly feel a soft hand on my hair. I turn around and see mom gently stroking my hair. I lean into her touch as a couple tears fall out. She smiles before sighing and holding my hand.