~49~

‼WARNING‼

There is some dark content and inappropriate words/scenes that are not suitable for those below 18 years old. This work is Fictional. All of the names of the characters names, the place, and some scenarios are all made by the author's imagination. If ever there are some resemblances or similarities to other stories/movies, it was just coincidental. If you feel uncomfortable reading that particular part, you may just skip it. Thank you!

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE●

______________________________________________

MIKHYLER ZAYNE AUGUSTUS VASQUEZ

___________________________

October 3, 2020

Saturday, 10:35 AM...

My Lolo has always expected me to be the next CEO of our family's business since I was a child. So, like him, he's always expected me to be the best. He is known as one of the world's most successful businessmen around the world. Everyone looks up to him, and he inspires everyone. He believes he is the "man," the alpha, the ace, the greatest. As a result, he tries everything he can to make us like him.

And what I mean by "us" is us, his grandkids.

My grandmother is a well-known dermatologist and entrepreneur. My father, their first son, is a well-known engineer and businessman. Their other children are all businessmen because it is a requirement in our family to be at least a businessman; yet, even though it is what Lolo desired, they still selected the career of their choice. All of us need to graduate college with Latin honors since we are a family of achievers. Fortunately for me, I am the eldest son of Lolo's eldest son. I'm not the oldest of my cousins, but Lolo... has high expectations for me. My Lolo is a really wonderful guy, and he's a fantastic grandfather. He never forced us to be perfect; instead, he just told us to live our truth. He may not say what I should do, but I have a feeling he wants us to be like him. He wanted me to do everything he had in his life, and he may have even wanted me to be more successful than he was. I always tell myself that it's fine, that I'm okay with it because I know my capabilities. Thinking about all of this gives me daily stress and pressure.

I miss him. Naveen is the only person who is aware of the pressure I'm under right now. I used to believe that my Lolo didn't want me to feel any obligation and that it was all on me. But Naveen proves to me that Lolo is somehow right and somehow wrong. He's only doing it because he wants our family's legacy to continue. He wants us to have what we want and need. The only negative effect is the pressure we experience. And, as Naveen said, pressure is a part of life; you handle it, don't let it handle you.

"How's school and work Khyler?" I drew all of their attention after he asked me. Today is Lolo's birthday, we are nowhere in Istanbul, Turkey having dinner. It's just a small celebration, it's just us the eldest.

"Still surviving, and regarding work we actually had a problem a while ago but we trying to handle it now" I responded.

"That's great, I know you can do it. Just have some rest when you need to, okay?" I nodded and then smile.

"Are you dating anyone right now?" I look at Lola.

"Oh right, you have a girlfriend right" Marco, our eldest cousin. His Dad is my uncle which is Tito Fabio, Lolo's second son. He has 3 other siblings, 2 boys, and a girl. Marco has a wife and a daughter, they live in San Francisco, California.