{n i n e - assumptions and gifts}

after speaking with what hyunjin was going through, jeongin had asked hyunjin to buy himself a new phone. since recently, hyunjin broke his phone. "let's go to the mall."

jeongin agreed, typing on his phone. hyunjin didn't mind if jeongin wasn't going to pay attention, because that's what everyone did back in LA. he's gotten used to the abandonment.

the two went to hyunjin's limbourgungi, jeongin had put his phone way, seeing what kind of car hyunjin has. "i didn't know you had a limbourgungi." hyunjin chuckled, "i've had it since i was able to drive. still looking as new."

jeongin gotten into the car, hyunjin following in after. seated in the driver's seat, hyunjin started up the car. revving the engine, jeongin smiled, buckling up. "let's do this." hyunjin nodded, smile plastered on his face.

the two drove off out of the property hyunjin's parents owned.

~~~

hyunjin and jeongin were walking towards the mall. "i need a new phone," hyunjin says as he shows jeongin his much broken iphone 10, "yes you do hyung, yes you do." hyunjin and jeongin went to the gci section.

the two began searching for a new phone, but this time hyunjin informed jeongin that he wanted a samsung. searching they went until one of the staff had seen hyunjin. "well i'll be damned, if it isnt the one and only hwang hyunjin and his new boyfriend."

his fans had always watched him and his every move, from his friends to his relationships to his life. it felt all to suffocating.

"are you assuming that hyunjin hyung and i are dating?" jeongin mockingly laughed, "well, if you are. it ain't true," he rolled his eyes.

"why don't you stick your nose back up that ass because hyunjin's life isnt yours. he isn't your family, your best friend, or boyfriend. his life is as personal as your own."

hyunjin was shook, surprised that jeongin would stand up to many of those who adore hyunjin and have become fans.

"if someone had invaded your personal life and posted it on social media, what would have happen to you? would you like that? hyunjin's whereabouts and his whole life isn't something to post about unless he agrees with it."

"jeongin... d—" jeongin put his finger over hyunjin's mouth, "zip it hwang." he took a deep breath before beginning again, "being a kid of someone who owns a famous company is hard because you will constantly be watched, posted, and have people invading your life. making rumors of you dating this person and that. you wouldn't like those assumptions, would you jaeyun?"

jeongin had stopped his outburst when jaeyun had silently answered jeongin's questions, "now show my best friend the latest samsung." he demanded, looking over at hyunjin with a sheepish smile.

hyunjin stood there, shocked of how his best friend aggressively defended him.

jeongin was also surprised at how much he has cared of his hyung's relationship with felix. the staff member, jaeyun, had fearfully showed the two males of where to find the latest phones, both andriod and apple.

"h-here's th-the latest ph-phones." and with that he left.

hyunjin was looking through the phones and their prices. surprisingly, he had found himself at the counter and ordering eight Samsung Galaxy ZFlips.

his mom would understand why he'd purchased them. his mom began understanding that his friends are important to him, and how much he's left behind.

"why are you purchasing so much phones jinnie?" jeongin asked as he looked through the bulletproof glass counter.

"because i want to. anyways, halloween is nearing. and i thought i'd hand out gifts on halloween."

"but isn't Christmas the gift-giving holiday? and also birthdays?" jeongin questioned, looking at hyunjin. as he shook his head, "any other day can be a gift-giving day when you can make it a holiday for yourself."

true but untrue, jeongin thought. "well, you can make it like a friends day or something like that."

"that's what i want for Halloween, and other holiday and birthday." hyunjin handed his black card over to the cashier.

"you will get your gift first since you've seen it already." jeongin's eyes widened, "i am not accepting that gift hwang. no way in hell i'm having you spend money on me."

"hey guys, didn't know you two would be here." the two turned to the voice that belonged to one of their seniors.

"bambam-ssi, mark-ssi." jeongin bowed. "cut it with the "ssi" and call us hyungs. i thought i'd told you that the other guys accept you all to call us hyungs." bambam rolled his eyes.

hyunjin and mark chuckled, hyunjin spoke up "well, jeongin and i were just purchasing new phones and have our old ones handed to back to them."

mark looked at what they purchased, "i'll be damned, i didn't know hyunjin would buy all these phones for you all."

"it's kind of like my returning gift and also apology gift to my friends." hyunjin rubbed his nape, grabbing a fist full of hair in the back. "yeah, i've heard about rumors and i'd want to know the truth." bambam recalled.

"my parents didn't accept the fact i was gay and had me forced out of seoul or else felix's home would be taken away and yeah." hyunjin quietly said as he looked down at his feet.

"don't worry, everything will come back into place hyunjin." mark stated while jeongin and bambam were arguing which brand would be best.

hyunjin nodded, telling the cashier to bag six of them and keep two out for use. mark went to check on yugyeom, who was looking at laptops and tablets.

the argument between jeongin and bambam had dissipated. jeongin went back to hyunjin, taking the phone he got as a gift.

"ready to head out?" jeongin nodded, literally putting his sim into his new phone and decided to put everyone's number that he's remembered.

he decided to wait until hyunjin's announced that he's got gifts for everyone. although, hyunjin had more gifts to hand out to his friends at home.

"innie!" the two had heard a familiar voice that belonged to none other than the rest of their friends. hyunjin was excited to hand his gifts to his friends.

"hey guys, i have something for—" chan cut him off, "we didn't ask for anything. keep it." hyunjin shook his head, "it's an apology gift, if that's even a thing. but here, there are names on them."

he had forgotten that he didn't name them yet. but oh well, they're given out already. "there aren't any names. and what are they?" seungmin asked, taking out a plain old box that would look like a phone fit it.

"see for yourselves." they had all taken one and opened the boxes, all eyes widened and their gazes moved to hyunjin. felix had handed hyunjin back the box, "they are expensive jinnie, you shouldn't have gotten them."

"my gift to you all, especially you lix."