Seventeen

Noelle

"I am fine. It wasn't a hard decision; it was either him or Noelle, and I sure as hell wasn't going to let him hurt her again."

Remi's voice is hard, but the tenderness he feels toward me is clear in his tone. I hadn't known before now who killed the wolf that attacked me, and my gratitude toward Remi only grows. He spent all that time planning the party for me, then ended up having to kill for me that same night. I feel totally undeserving of everything he's done.

I'm being a creep, lurking outside the den eavesdropping on their call, but Elijah didn't tell me anything last night, and he's right: I have questions.

The ache between my legs that had become secondary to the pain I'd felt after the attack has returned now that my wounds have healed. Elijah holding me close to his rock-hard body and letting me tangle my legs with his sent the throb right back to my core and listening to his blatant concern for me only has me wanting him more.

What is happening to me? I've always found men attractive and daydreamed about all the things I could do with them. But it was always one guy at a time. Now I'm lusting after four lycans and wanting them to touch me. I don't care if others are watching or if it is one or all of them with their hands on me. The crazy thing is that they don't seem to care either.

This new hypersexual side of me is alarming, but I must admit that I'm enjoying it.

I clench my legs together, waiting to hear the sound that signals the end of the FaceTime call. When the alert chimes, I walk into the den, pushing my wild blonde hair over my shoulder and tugging down the hem of my tank top, the black cotton boyshorts I slipped into before coming downstairs peeking out from underneath. Another bold move on my part that I hope they appreciate.

"Hi," I whisper, stepping to the couch and sinking down next to Killian. "I woke up, and no one was in my room, so I wanted to make sure everything was okay."

"Everything's all right," Asher says. "How are you feeling, love?"

I pull my legs underneath me and cross them at my ankles. "I'm fine. My wounds are healed completely," I say, turning my head and extending my neck so they can see.

"Wow," Killian breathes, running his fingertips over the place where the bite had been just hours ago. "I'm not surprised; I mean, I've seen wounds healed before, but I had my hands pressed to this wound, barely containing the blood that was spilling out. And now..." He whistles lowly. "Excellent work, boss," he says to Elijah.

I glance at the man who spent the entire night cuddling with me, whispering that everything was going to be okay, that he'd never let anyone hurt me again, and I'm filled with such appreciation for him that I can hardly breathe.

He just shrugs as if it's no big deal and says, "All in a day's work, right, princess?"

I smile. "Hopefully that won't be something you have to do again anytime soon."

"Never again if we have anything to say about it," Remi says, reaching over and squeezing my knee.

I put my hand over his and start to respond before he continues, "We're so sorry, Noelle. That should've never happened to you. We let you down, and—"

Reaching up, I place my index finger over his lips. "Stop it. I take responsibility for going outside in the dark alone. Stop beating yourself up." I look up and make eye contact with each of them. "That goes for all of you. You saved my life last night. Each of you in your own way. So please, don't chastise yourselves. Okay?"

They look at me for a moment and finally nod their agreement. I breathe a sigh of relief. "I mean, come on, Remi, you planned that entire party for me and then literally killed a guy to protect me. You're definitely off the hook," I tease.