5 // Hushed Conversation

Peter followed the rest of the team out of the lift, and down the halls to their rooms. His brain was screaming at him that something was wrong, but Peter ignored it. There were people who had his back... how bad could it be?

In all honesty, Peter assumed the spider tingle was from his anxiousness. He was totally freaking out about the competition. Relax. It was in two days. There was plenty of time to practise and prepare (not like he needed it anyway).

The team were split into four groups, one teacher in each, between four rooms. Peter had a 67% chance of rooming with one of his friends (Ned and MJ). Boys and girls were to sleep separately, which left Peter with a fifty-fifty chance of rooming with Ned. Parker luck was not on his side.

The first room was filled with what you would consider popular girls. Their loud chatter and excited giggles would have been unbearable for Peter if it weren't for his earbuds.

MJ was put in a room consisting of more quite girls. They looked rather nice, but that didn't stop her from threading them if they disturbed her sleep.

Ned was in a group of nerdy boys. Peter could tell that Ned was going to have a blast, after one of them mentioned Star Wars. They were quickly launched into deep fanboy mode, laughing as the disappeared from view, and entered their room.

That left Peter with Flash and his goons. Great. To make matters worse, the teacher they were paired with was Flash's uncle. It was blatantly obvious that he wasn't going to stop the bullying. If anything, he might encourage it.

"Looks like you're rooming with us Parker!" Flash had his trademark grin plastered across his face. "I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun together."

One of Flash's friends, otherwise known was Mark, put a threatening arm over Peter's shoulder, and lead him into the room.

It was painted a subtle yellow colour, with a grey carpet. There were two sets of bunk beds, each with a small storage compartment underneath. To the left, there was a door leading to a large bathroom. To the right, a small room with a double bed (most likely for the teacher).

Peter quickly placed his things over the top bunk of the closest bed. Close to the door for an easy exit plan, and high up for hiding from his bullies. Not wanting to spend any longer than necessary with the boys, he rushed out of the room, and into the familiar corridor.

"Yes sir, rooms eight through twelve, floor six." A lady's voice snapped Peter out of his thoughts. If it wasn't for his super-hearing, he probably wouldn't have noticed it. "Four teachers, eleven students."

Pause.

Peter realised that the voice belonged to Erin, and she must have been speaking on her earpiece that he'd noticed earlier. Strange information to be saying though. Surely the hotel would already know what rooms they were in. He decided to follow the voice. Maybe he could find out some more information.

"Affirmative. No suspicions so far, I'll keep you updated-"

Peter turned a corner and almost bumped into Erin, stopping at the last minute. So much for spying.

The girl awkwardly cleared her throat. "Hello, can I help you?"

"O-oh... no sorry. I didn't mean to sneak up on you like that. I was just uuuuh... looking for the bathroom?" It was at times like this that Peter wished he was better at lying.

Erin raised an eyebrow at his excuse. "There are bathrooms in your rooms." With that, she walked away. He tried to thank her, but she was already gone. Peter's super-hearing picked up on the hushed conversation once again as she disappeared from view.

"Yes... no sir... one of the kids wanted the bathroom... I know they are in their rooms... small, brunette, wearing some nerdy science t-shirt, kinda scrawny... yes sir..."

Peter decided he'd had enough of that conversation - whatever it was, and made his way back to his class.