15 // Gas Attack

The situation was not improving. If anything, it was getting worse. There was now a cluster of kids huddled in the middle section of the bus all crying their eyes out; Flash was definitely the loudest. Peter would have rolled his eyes if it weren't for the fact that this was probably their first (if not only) life threatening event that they would ever live through... hopefully live through.

Needless to say, the kidnappers were not enjoying the whining one bit. However, after Peter's little outburst, the students were much less intimidated by the guns, so they couldn't really do anything about it. Although everyone was still weary of the weapons being so carelessly thrown about like that, not everyone's eyes were now following their every move. Despite this, the two men were still very much in control.

It was only after about forty minutes of driving, that Peter wondered what the next stage of their plan was. Surely such an organised attack would not have just allowed the students to see their location. The bus's windows were still very much in view, and most people were now looking out of them, trying to escape this nightmare that was unfolding.

All of a sudden, the bus driver called over one of the kidnappers. By now, it was fairly obvious that he was working with them in order to pull this off. He seems to draw their attention towards a map, and their expressions quickly changed.

"Attention all students," the one named Markus spoke up, instantly gathering the attention of all of the kidnapped teenagers, "as fun as it's been listening to your... whimpering, we've come to the part where we say goodbye."

Instantly the mood on the bus quickly changed. He wasn't suggesting... what they thought he was, right? Surely not! Peter's grip tightened around his seat. He had to contact Mr Stark about this. While the kidnappers' attention were now on building for their big reveal (Peter knew from experience that most villains did this, because of how long they've planned for that moment) he left his seat. He silently crept towards the now discarded briefcase of phones in the corner of the bus.

Once Peter was in, it was quick to locate his phone - seeing as it was the only chipped beyond repair one - and scrolled through his contacts. Mr Stark. He quickly clicked on the button and wrote a very sloppy distress message; he was conscious of the time. It would be long before the men would realise that he'd left his seat.

"Mr Salk, help. Code 396. I'm woth my decathlon tem. Harry"

It definitely wasn't his best work... especially for a tech genius, but it was the best he could do. Peter had estimated that he would only have five seconds to do all of this, so he had to hurry. Typos were acceptable in a life or death situation.

Turns out Peter's little stunt didn't go unnoticed. Ned saw the whole thing from the back of the bus... well not the actual message, but he could guess what most of it consisted of.

What happened next, no one could prepare for. One of the kidnappers placed a circular item on the middle of the room, before placing gas masks over their faces. Oh. Peter saw where this was going.

He covered his face and mouth with his jumper. It wouldn't hold the gas off forever, but it would do for now. He watched in dismay as his teammates all dropped into unconsciousness. This was bad. Very very bad. Now Peter's vision was blurring as well, but he was hanging on. All of a sudden, one of the kidnappers spotted him.

"Ah ah ah kid. We need you asleep for this part. Don't make this harder than it needs to be." They ripped the hoodie away from Peter. This time, he didn't even have to fake his weakness, the gas had already made him drowsy. Peter fought for consciousness, but he was definitely starting to feel dizzy. "Well aren't you persistent- I'd better tell the others to keep an eye on you. Hey Marcus, grab the canister. I think this one needs a little more exposure."

The other man grabbed the cylindrical object from the middle of the bus, and moved it right in front of Peter. "Sweet dreams, kid!" With that, Peter slowly submitted to the darkness, despite his persistent fighting. The last thing he could make out was a faint ringing of a phone. His phone. The last thing he heard was the unmistakable Star-Wars theme tune sang terribly Ned and him.