11 // Realisation

Peter woke up with blinding sunlight trespassing through the thick curtains loosely drawn across the window. Peter kept his eyes firmly shut, very aware of the well-known fact that if you keep your eyes shut, you can convince your brain that you're still asleep. That's right - the man with a 250+ IQ was tricking his brain into subconsciousness.

It would have worked as well, if it wasn't for Flash literally shrieking at the top of his lungs, "TODAY IS THE DAY!! TODAY YOU'RE ALL GOING TO REALSE MY SUPERIORITY AT THE DECATHLON!!"

Oh right! Peter shot out of bed, mentally cursing himself at forgetting how important that day was for him, and everyone else. They were last year's victors, so there was defiantly a baseline expectation for them to at least make it into the quarter-finals this year.

Once the dorm were all fully dressed, and Peter had acquired a new back eye, they were loaded out of the room and down the corridors to the breakfast area. Everyone had to sit in the assigned seats they had last time, so Peter was stuck with Flash again. Luckily the boy had his mind focused on the competition - like most of the students - so much so that he almost missed the opportunity to send Peter a snarky comment and smug grin. Key word: almost, but he was quickly shut up by a trademark MJ glare.

The rest of breakfast was surprisingly uneventful, and before long the class were less out of the dining area. The team were now huddled around the exit, awaiting their bus.
All of a sudden, Peter's phone went off. He realised it was a reply to his rant at Mr Stark from earlier. Let's see how he defends himself this time...

Peter opened the notification to read the following: "Heya Pete, not really sure what you're on about there. My spies were supposed to meet you at the completion. I'm not really sure what's going on then, but I can assure you, I'd be much more sneaky than what you're describing >:) If something goes terribly wrong, remember I'm only a text away :)".

That was not the response that Peter was expecting. Mr Stark... wasn't behind this? That was odd. Maybe he was overthinking it, but he suddenly felt very uncomfortable, like he was being watched.

It was only when the bus rolled up that Peter's brain clicked. "Holy shit!" Everyone turned around and stared at him, but Peter couldn't comprehend that right now; he was too busy freaking out.

Someone who wasn't Tony Stark had been tracking them, watching them, spying on them... who knows what else! They were in danger - they were all in danger! He had to warn them! He had to warn everyone. Shit shit shit shit shit this was all terrible.

Did they know he was Spider-Man? Or was it something else? What were their motives? Already, Peter was thinking of excuses to sneak away and become his alter ego, Spider-Man. Wait - no Flash had destroyed his suit. Why!? Why here of all places? The bully could literally not have picked a worse time.

Now what? Shit - Peter had to think of something, and fast, because they were now all being lead onto the bus. He was about to start shouting, warning his class of the imminent danger they were all in, when he remembered that Peter Parker was a nerd. A nobody. No one would believe him even if he was screaming 'run' at the top of his lungs. Nobody would listen.

Suddenly, saving the class was proving a lot more challenging than what he first imagined. Now what was he supposed to do?