20 // Commander

After about two minutes of ominous walking, the group was lead back into the computing room and told to sit in the same places as before and grab the same equipment. Peter rolled his eyes, but, ultimately, he did as he was told.

"After that practise, we've decided to set you onto some real material... but first there's something more interesting the commander would like to discuss with you."All of a sudden, the double doors in the corer of the room opened to reveal a medium-height, middle-aged man wearing some sort of army-style attire.

"Hello Midtown. As I'm sure you're all aware, you've been kidnapped. I want you to do something for me. You see, for years I've—"

"Bla bla bla sappy backstory!" Everyone in the room suddenly turned to face the usually quiet nerd back talking their literally kidnapper. "Just skip to the part when you tell us that you need us to hack into something for you."

The room was silent for a second, before the commander walked up to Peter and grabbed his shirt; the boy was unfazed by this action.

"You regretting speaking up?"

"No, not really Mr Kidnapper Man."

There was a pause while everyone stifled a laugh (of course none of them would admit that - especially not Flash). "Well how about you shut up before I blow your brains out with my pistol!" The man brought out a gun and held it to Peter's head - numerous gasps could be heard throughout the room.

The boy internally rolled his eyes. "How about you put that flashy toy away? You and I both know that you're not going to shoot me."

"Is that so?"

"I mean... yeah I just said that."

"... you do know that it's loaded, right?"

"I'm aware."

"Huh," The two seemed to have a staring contest... before finally the man looked away, put his gun back into his pocket, and released his grip on Peter's collar. "What's you're name, boy?"

"Peter."

"Peter... you've got brains kid - I'll give you that," Peter nodded in response, "but if you're so smart, then you'll already know the big surprise I've got planned, then?"

"We both know that's not true, but if I had to guess, you're probably going to take the people who failed the practise to a separate room to... kill them off? No - that would be too messy." The surrounding guards seemed a bit taken back by Peter's rambling, but the commander just listened on intently. "You're probably going to take them away to be extra incentives to those of us left, or if you're feeling really confident about this kidnapping scheme, you're going to scatter them randomly about the city as a warning. Yeah - that seems like something you'd do. To who? That's what I'm still figuring out. Who would you want to hack? Who would notice the random school children showing up?" Those last two questions seemed to be directed towards himself rather than the rest of the room.

Peter stopped his rambling to look around the room, before his eyes landed on the pile of devices. "Bingo!" His eyes locked onto the commander's. "Stark Industries - isn't it!? You want to hack into them using their very own technology. It's the only way you can hack into them - using their specialised Stark Interface Cards that all hook up directly into their main system!"

The room was filled with some very slow clapping. "Well I am impressed! Spot on Peter." The commander clicked his fingers, and with that about two thirds of the group were escorted away. The only ones left were Peter, Flash, MJ, Ned and one of Flash's obnoxious friends. "That makes you five the unlucky people to have passed." Peter groaned - he should have failed the practise.