8 // Peter's Theory

Bingo! Peter held the object in the palm of his hand. Now all he needed was a secluded area and a couple hours of peace and quiet to take it apart. Luckily he had just that!

Peter entered the library, and found a quiet sofa in the corner of the room. He quickly looked around, but was relieved to know his spider sense was not going off. Still - you could never be too careful.

He placed the small object on a nearby coffee table. Under closer inspection, it was no bigger than a 10p coin, and had strange little engravings on it. After a moment of debating, he did what any reasonable person would do.

Peter smashed it open with his super strength.

Perfect! Now that all the components were scattered around the table, Peter realised that there was a lot more going on than just the flashing light. It had a gps, a communication chip, a Bluetooth connection and a microphone. Wait - this thing was a tracker? They were all over their trip...

Was someone trying to track them? If so, then why? Peter had a very bad feeling about this, but just before he could question it any further, his spider sense interrupted him. Shit!

He quickly stuffed everything into a pocked, just as Erin came running around the corner. She seemed to run straight to Peter, almost as if she knew where he would be.

"There you are! Found him," she mumbled the last part under her breath, almost as if it wasn't directed at Peter, but then he remembered the earpiece and realised it most likely wasn't for him. If he didn't have his super hearing, he probably wouldn't have heard it.

"Your classmates are just finishing practice, do you want me to lead you to them?" Peter simply shook his head, and made his way out of the library. That is, he tried, before he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Uuuh... do you need something?" He turned around to see Erin eyeing his back. Was she looking for something?

"No, no! Just uhm... have a good stay!" Peter looked skeptical, but essentially decided that there was nothing he could do.

It was only when he was reunited with his class, that he realised that had just happened. People were tracking them, and Erin was one of them. She was probably searching for the tracker he'd taken off... The one that man had put on him! If there were more than one of them, this was most likely planned.

Okay, so there was a planned... something happening to his team. Was it legal? No - of course it wasn't... why else would they be tracking them? Maybe it was just Mr Stark making sure they were safe? Yeah... that could be it. Erin definitely shared the same look as Bruce did whenever Peter was caught doing something dangerous.

Okay. That's fine. It was just Mr Stark. Jeez - why couldn't the man just give him some space?It wasn't that Peter didn't love him (he absolutely adored him) it was just that this was his week of freedom. His week where he didn't have his lovable billionaire following him around, making sure he wasn't in danger.

Oh well, can't blame a father for feeling protective; especially when their son was literally risking their life almost every day as a superhero. Peter would just have to break all the trackers, and maybe send him a quick message.