• I'm Sorry • Pt. 16

They all were either patting my back or my head. I tried to play it off and not cry more than I am already. Everyone sits back down and I continue:

"... I'm going to say this as much as I can because I really mean it. Thank you. I'm glad to be meeting you all too. But, I didn't know how to bring this up.."

My voice begins to crack and I can't control myself at this point. Everyone stands up this time and Chan speaks up first.

"Y/n, we know this isn't an easy process. But, we're all going to try and get you 100% out of it. Okay? We just want to help you with as much as we can and keep you alive." He smiles and some nod their heads and agree. He steps out toward me and hugs me tight.

"No matter what. Wherever we are, wherever you are, we are always here for you." he whispers. 

I squeeze him tight in response. Wiping my tears off my face and breaking the hug, I look back at everyone and try to laugh it off.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to put a damper on things. I just didn't want a repeat of the other night. Well the first part, I loved hearing you guys sing. Anyway, lets eat!"

Once again, the hugs and pats come to me. I feel warm and safe with them. I haven't felt like this in a really long time. Some of them come and comfort me and then mingle amongst themselves.

After we finished eating, we began to talk about games to play and introducing new games that others haven't heard of. The sound of laughter filled the air as we all run away from each other in tag. Once we all had enough of frantic running, Mark pitched the idea to go play basketball since there was a basketball court at the park. Some groaned and some cheered.

"I don't know about you playing Mark." Johnny says as he pulls out his phone. "remember that one vid-" Mark cuts him off.

"Hey! That was once shhhhh. I'll be good." He laughs and runs up to me. "Johnny will never let me live that down. Ever." He laughs again. "It's okay though. I just have to beat him."

I laugh with Mark and race him to the basketball court. The rest of the guys were picking teams and those who didn't want to play, were going to be the referee or the cheerleaders.

I'm on a team with Johnny, Jaehyun, Jungkook, and Jin.

The other team has Namjoon, Jimin, Jongho, Chan and Mark. 

Mark and Johnny were neck at neck most of the game of course. But, I do think they went easy on me. I mean, there were times Chan would "accidently" throw me the ball. But of course, I thought that was the sweetest thing. Plus we had a height advantage too.

The game was fun. We weren't exactly playing by the rules. But to our surprise the opposing team was winning and Johnny said he wouldn't allow that. So he gave it his all the last couple of minutes and scored a couple more points for us just as the game ended.

"I wasn't going that hard this time. " Mark rolled his eyes and we chuckled. 

We finished our time at the park drinking water and tallying up the scores. Thank God we had a height advantage hehe. We won.

"I want a rematch! One on one, c'mon. Not now though. I'm beat." Namjoon yawns. Jungkook, of course, agrees to a one v one with him.

Soon enough we get back to the house. Everyone yawning and rubbing their eyes after a hard and energy filled day.

Once we get to the house, we pile in and look around for more snacks since we haven't eaten since McDonald's.  I take a step back and see everyone mingling. This. This is everything.