1.2 Bonfire

"I did?" Chuck questioned, trying to take back his words– making Isadora sigh sympathetically.

"Yeah." The greenie answered, he then started to walk away from the two— closer to the entrance of the maze.

"Hey, where are you going?" Isadora questioned as her and Chuck followed him.

"What are you doing?" Chuck questioned.

"I'm just gonna take a look." The newbie replied as he tried to get closer to the entrance.

"I told you, you can't." Chuck said as Isadora waved over some people to come and help.

"No one leaves." Isadora stated firmly. "Especially not now."

"It's not safe." Chuck added.

Newbie Mumbled something to Chuck, that Isadora couldn't hear- but after he started to walk closer and closer to the entrance.

"Hey!" Gally shouted, coming out of nowhere. He shoved the new boy harshly, making him land on the floor.

"Gally." Isadora scolded.

"We got to stop meeting like this, greenie." Gally stated, towering over the confused boy.

"Get off of me." Newbie grunted, kicking Gally in the leg slightly as he scrambled up.

"Calm, calm. Calm." Gally repeated as he held out his hands, as gladers ran over.

"Just relax." The girl said softly, making the greenie look at her for a moment.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" Newbie asked.

"Just calm down, alright?" Newt said as he reached them.

"No, okay. Why won't you tell me what's out there?" Greenie questioned.

"We're just trying to protect you." Alby replied.

"You guys can't just keep me here." The new kid retorted.

"We can't let you leave." The girl fired back, fearing for the boys safety if he left the glade.

"Why not?" Greenie questioned, before a rumbling sound interrupted them.

There were clanking noises, and a big gust of wind blew at them from the maze- startling the greenie.

Isadora's hair blew back, the clanking became more frequent as she watched the maze doors begin to slowly shut.

The concrete doors, that went up 100's of feet, began to move towards each other— to protect the glade from the danger that lurked within the maze once darkness came.

"Next time," the girl heard Gally speak up once the doors had been sealed shut, "I'll let you leave."

All gladers began walking off after this, but Alby and Isadora stayed for a few seconds longer.

"Welcome to the glade." Alby said, before he too, began to walk off.

Isadora stood there for a moment, just watching the new guy as he looked at the wall.

"Don't worry." Isadora said, making the newbie jump as he didn't know she was still there. "You'll get used to it."

The two stared at each other for a moment, a sense of familiarity washing over both of them. Isadora smiled at him, biting her bottom lip. Which he found adorable, before she walked away— going to help set up the bonfire.