3.2 Shotgun

The next day, after some sleep, Isadora couldn't stop wondering why Thomas didn't want her to go.

"Thomas?" Isadora asked and he hummed, looking over to her. "Why didn't you want me to go with you? Did you not think I could handle it?"

"What? No. Of course not." Thomas stated. "I just, I don't want you to get hurt. Dory, you're my life, and I've already lost you once. I can't do it again, I can't live without you." He took her hands in his.

"I can't either Thomas. What if you hadn't have come back. I would have never had none what had happened to you. I would have lost you. I can't lose you, okay? We're a team, we do this together. All of us." Isadora explained, motioning towards the other two.

"I know, I'm sorry. We'll do this together. For Minho." Thomas nodded, placing a hand on her cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Isadora giggled, pulling him into a kiss.

Their lips met, moving together passionately as if it was their last kiss. Thomas threaded his fingers through her hair, pulling her closer.

"Woah, guys calm down!" Newt interrupted with a chuckle making them pull away, their cheeks burning. "Do you need a room?"

"Newt!" Isadora pouted, hitting the side of his head lightly.

"Hey!" Newt complained.

"Children, behave." Frypan joked making them huff.

"Your the child." Newt argued.

"No you are." Isadora puffed out her cheeks before they all laughed.

The group reached a tunnel a few hours later, driving past different signs talking about the Virus and symptoms to look out for.

They all hopped out of the car, Isadora looking skeptically into the tunnel. This did not seem like a good idea.

"You want us to go in there?" Newt questioned as they walked a little infront of the car as Thomas held the map. "I don't want to come across as too negative but... I mean If I was a Crank that's exactly where I'd be."

"I agree, Newt. There has to be another way around, I mean look at it!" Isadora exclaimed. "It's like the tunnel to hell."

"Sorry, but I don't think we have much of a choice." Thomas stated, looking at the two before glancing back at the map.

"Alright," Newt said after a moment, looking at Thomas, "I get shotgun."

Isadora snickered at this as the boy headed back to the car, Frypan and Thomas looked at each other in amusement.

"Well, it can't be worse than what we've already gone through right?" Isadora shrugged wincing as she headed back to the car. "I jinxed it." She sighed.

They all headed back to the car, Newt sitting in the front with Isadora. They then began to slowly go into the tunnel.

As they went further down, Frypan turned on the front lights of the car as Thomas held a flashlight. Isadora looked out Thomas's window, glancing out hers every now and again- Newt holding a light, his arm leaning on the window.

"Well, here we go." Frypan stated.

"Just take it nice and slow." Newt suggested.

Frypan drove slowly, Isadora looking at the abandoned cars that had been pushed to the sides- along with other things.