3.1 Not Here

When they got back to base, they unloaded the carriage. They then got a blow torch so they could get the door open.

Thomas walked in first, Isadora and Newt following. Isadora looked at yhe kids sadly. They were all in their seats, attached to chains that hung from the ceiling.

"Aris." Isadora sighed in relief, walking over by Thomas.

"Are you guys okay?" Thomas asked.

"Yeah." Sonya assured as Harriet came inside, Isadora moving to the back. She was excited to see Minho.

"It's okay. You guys are safe." Thomas assured as he walked down the rows.

"He's not here." Isadora gulped, looking around.

Thomas had walked outside, after they had let the kids out Vince gathered them to talk to them. Thomas leaned against the wall, listening to Vince.

"Alright, listen up." Vince began. "I know you've all been through hell, I wish I could say our troubles are over. But we're not through this yet. WCKD's still out there, they're not giving up. 'Cause you goy something they want. They took you because your immune, to a plague that's wiping out the human race. And they think you're worth sacrificing to find a cure. But I don't. So in two days," Vince pointed to a ship, "when we get this tub of rust sea worthy– we're getting the hell out of here. We're gonna go to a place where WCKD will never find you."

"A place you can start over." Vince stated as Isadora walked up behind Thomas, resting her head on his shoulder, linking his arm with hers.

"Hey." Isadora whispered, looking up at him.

"Hey. I'm sorry." Thomas apologised, twisting to hold her properly.

"It's not your fault." Isadora assured as he played with her hair. "He's out there. Somewhere. And I know you want to get him back as much as I do."

"I do." Thomas nodded kissing her forehead. He then took her hand, pulling her sleeve back.

Over the 6 months, Isadora and Brenda hadn't got any more of the serum. The bite on Isadora's wrist, however, had continued to heal and was now a scar.

"Yes?" Isadora whispered.

"Sorry, its just... it looks good." Thomas stated.

"Well, yeah." Isadora chuckled. "You don't need to worry, you don't need to look at it like that."

"Like what?" Thomas wondered.

"Like it will get worse. That I'll get worse. Trust me, you'll be the first one to know if I Crank out." Isadora promised.

"You won't." Thomas stated. "I know you won't I just get worried."

"I know. That's one of the reasons I love you, Thomas." Isadora smiled.

"I love you, too, Dory." Thomas smiled, leaning down to give her lips a short and sweet kiss.

"Come on, let's go check on Aris." Isadora said, pulling away.

"Okay, just one last thing?" Thomas stated and Isadora nodded.

Thomas placed a hand on the side of her neck, one on her hip. He smashed his lips onto hers. Isadora widened her eyes before they fluttered closed, and then she sunk into the kiss.

"Okay. Done." Thomas said cheekily, grabbing onto a dazed Isadora's hand and dragging her to the building where Aris was.

"Hey, Brenda!" Isadora waved as they passed them. "Jorge."