3.7 Inside Job

Now in a guard uniform, Isadora walked with Thomas behind Teresa, both of them on either side of her as they walked inside the building.

They walked through the scanner, and it didn't go off. They were good, this made Isadora release a breath she didn't know she was holding.

As they walked they saw two guards and nodded at them, stopping when Newt stood infront of them in his uniform.

They went to the right, going down some stairs. The car park was here and where Gally came over to meet them.

They walked over to the the stair Well, Teresa opening the door with her thumb. The group went inside, holding their guns.

"Hold on, hold on. I can get in here." Gally stated looking at the power boxes as the others went down the stairs- stopping when they heard him.

"Okay, throw me the walkie." Thomas stated, catching it when it was thrown.

Him and Gally had lifted up their masks enough to see their faces, Isadora doing the same- having to move some hair out of her face.

As Thomas went down the stairs to be a look out, Newt coughed, leaning on the railing slightly up the stairs to Gally.

"Are you okay?" Isadora asked softly going over to him.

"I'll be okay." Newt assured her with a cough. Isadora glared slightly at Teresa's curious eyes and turned away from her with Newt.

"Frypan, we're in, how you doing?" Thomas asked as Gally worked on opening the box.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm getting there." Frypan said over the walkie as he climbed. "Tell Minho, hi for me."

"Hang in there, buddy." Thomas said back as Gally got the box open.

"This will work." Gally stated as he looked at the wires.

"Brenda, what's your status?" Isadora asked, Thomas handing her the walkie.

"Status is; I'm working on it." She retorted.

"Copy, just make sure your ready." Isadora chuckled.

"Don't worry, Issy, You'll know I'll be there." Brenda assured.

As Isadora finished talking to Brenda, Gally placed a device on the door of the box, shutting thr door.

"Alright, let's go." Gally stated and they carried on.

The group got to sub level 3, Thomas shooting a guard with the electric bullets as the door opened. The man fell and Isadora and the others began to shoot at the other three guards

They continued to shoot and were able to get all of them, making them fall to the ground unconscious. Isadora went over to one of the cell doors, taking off her mask after opening it.

"Hey, it's okay. Your safe, come on on out." Isadora smiled softly, moving to allow them to exit.

"The vault, how do I get in?" Gally threatened as he pressed a gun against of the soldiers necks.

"You can't." He whispered. Gally sighed as the rest began to let the rest of the children out and he went over to the Safe.

"Guys, this might take some time." Gally explained as he got out his blow torch.

"Son of a bitch." Isadora muttered when she didn't see Minho.

"He's not here." Thomas mumbled angrily, walking up to Teresa. "Where is he?"

"I'm not sure." Teresa stated. "Let me see."

Teresa moved over to the computer, Isadora moving over watching as she typed stuff into the computer.

"Someone's moved him to the medical wing." Teresa observed. "Thomas that's on the otherside of the building."

"Okay, take us to him, right now." Isadora instructed, her and Thomas getting ready as Newt walked over.

"Alright, I'm coming with you." Newt stated.

"Newt, no your not." Thomas argued as he secured his gun around him. "You have to stay here with Gally and wait for the serum."

"Newt, Thomas is right, we can't risk it." Isadora agreed.

"You guys can't do this on your own." Newt counteracted. "Minho comes first, remember?"

"Just go!" Gally instructed. "We're wasting time. I'll get the serum, we'll meet you out the back."

"Okay, fine." Isadora sighed.

"Let's go." Thomas said as they walked back down the hall.

"Hey, Greenie." Gally stopped them. "Good luck."

Isadora nodded over at Gally, saying goodbye after he spoke to Thomas. She then put her mask back over her face and they began their journey.

They walked down some halls, and a couple of stairs before making their way over to the elevator. Isadora stood just behind Thomas as he pressed the button.

They heard guards talking and began to panic, Thomas pressing the button a few times as it was taking a bit. It finally opened, and Isadora stood- slightly squished- between Newt and Thomas.

Janson shoved his arm between the elevator doors, making them open. "Hold it." He muttered.

As Janson stood next to Teresa, Isadora felt anger and anxiety bubble in her stomach. She was scared he would figure them out, angry for what he had and has continued to do.

"You're working late." Janson observed, Isadora could feel the anxious tension filling the box. "That's what I like about you, Teresa. No matter how bleak things get you just... you never give up. Its times like this where you need a friend you can count on."

"I'll bare that in mind." Teresa stated.

"There is one thing you should know." Janson admitted as Isadora tightened her grip on her weapon, wanting nothing more than to hold Thomas' hand. "One friend to another, Thomas and Isadora are here."

Isadora looked at the two boys subtly, feeling her anxiety become worse, resisting the urge to look behind her even though they were in an elevator.

"Surveillance picked them up outside the walls." Janson explained. "Ava didn't want you to know but there is a chance that they might try to contact you- and if they do, well, I'd like to think I'd be your first call."

"Are you going to kill them?" Teresa wondered, Isadora's fingers twitching in nervousness.

"Would that be a problem?" Janson questioned.

"This is me." Teresa stated as the elevator dinged, the doors opening.

Teresa walked out, Newt following after. Isadora walked out next, keeping far from Janson, whereas Thomas bumped his shoulder.

A/n sorry for the shorter chapters
Hopefully the next one should be longer

Have a good day

Can't believe it's nearly finished!!

Which film is your favourite?

1056 Words