Waiting (Chapter 2)

I walked downstairs and watched TV waiting for Darryl to come pick me up.

After a few minutes went by and then I heard a honk. I knew that was Darryl he would always do that and it would scare me so bad.

I turned the TV off and then I walked outside to meet Darryl.

I got into Darryl's car. He drove us to the football field. When we got there he got out and grabbed something from the backseat. He walked onto the field. I got out and walked onto the field until me and Darryl's feet were aligned. "Let's play!" Darryl said to me. "Yes!" I said happily. We played for a while. Darryl was so good at football! He was gonna make the team.

(Darryl's Pov)

I played football with Zak for a while. I beat him so many times. I felt bad but whenever I would beat him he would compliment me. It felt nice.

"You're really good!" Zak said to me. "There is no doubt you are gonna make the football team!" He added. I blushed a bit. I smiled at him. He smiled back at me.

I played with him for a little while longer. I looked up and saw the sun going down. Zak looked up as well. "Oh wow it's getting late." Zak said. I nodded

"We should be getting home." I said. "Yeah." Zak said. We walked to my car and we got in.

I drove Zak home then I drove home myself.

I walked into my house and checked the time. It was 9:14pm.

I yawned and went upstairs and brushed my teeth. I went to my room and changed my clothes. I took off my glasses and went to bed.

I woke up to my alarm going off. I shut off my alarm and got out of bed.

I grabbed my glasses and put them on then I changed my clothes.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I brushed my hair and went downstairs. I grabbed my bag and fed my dog. I said bye to my dog and then I left to go to school.

(Zak's Pov)

I woke up way earlier than I have been doing. I was just so happy about tryouts I couldn't stop thinking about it. I got up and quickly got dressed.

I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and brushed my hair.

I ran downstairs, grabbed my bag, fed my dog Rocco, got my shoes on and left the house. I rushed to get to school.

I got into the school and ran to my locker. I got my things for my first class and then rushed to class. I ran into the classroom.

I must have scared my teacher because she dropped her pen when she saw me.

"Oh hi there Zak! You're here early!" My teacher said to me. She picked her pen back up.

"Yeah" I said laughing.

I always show up to class late cause I would always sleep in.

"Hey Zak." Someone behind me said. I looked behind me and saw Arran. "Hey." I said back to him.

"First time you got here before Darryl." Arran said. I looked beside me at the empty seat. I haven;t even noticed Darryl wasn't here yet. "Heh yeah." I said. After I said that Darryl came walking into the room.

He sat down beside me. "You're here before me? Wow surprising." Darryl said to me. He giggled. His giggles are so cute. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Ok love birds that's enough." A kid said to me and Darryl. That kid was Velvet. No his name isn't really Velvet it's just what everyone calls him. I can see Darryl's face turn a bright red.

Velvet sat down beside Arran. "Hey Velvet!" Arran said fist bumping Velvet. Darryl rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, how is your boyfriend?" Darryl asked. Velvet was dating this boy named Ant. Again, no his name isn't Ant it's just what everyone called him. "Ant is doing great thanks." Velvet said.

Class was boring and I couldn't pay attention. I was so happy for the football tryouts.

(Darryl's Pov)

I kept looking at Zak. He wasn't paying attention. I nudged him a few times.

I looked down to see what he was doing. He was scribbling in his notebook.

"Zak. Pay attention...!" I whispered to him. He looked at me then at the teacher.

After the day ended me and Zak hung out at my house waiting for the call. The call that will let us try out. 

772 Words! <3