Chapter 7

We got to my house. Zak parked. We both got out of the car and Zak walked over to me. "So are you being serious about me sleeping over?" He asked. I nodded. He smiled at me.

God his smile is so cute!

I turned to face my house. I grabbed Zak's wrist and dragged him into my house. Once we were inside, I let go of Zak's wrist. I closed the door behind us.

"You will be sleeping in my room. I'll sleep on the couch." I said. "Are you s-" Zak said but I cutted him off. "Yes." I looked at him. "Come on. I'll show you where my bedroom is." I said. I started walking upstairs.

We got to my bedroom door and I opened it. I walked over to my desser and took out some clothes. Zak sat on my bed.

I headed to the bathroom. I set the clothes down. Ran the shower. And- you know the rest.

(Zak's Pov)

I guess I'm sleeping over at Darryl's. I heard the showering running.

I heard a phone go off. I looked behind me. Darryl's phone was on the bed. He forgot his phone at home while he was at football? I guess so.

I tried to ignore the phone. But it kept going off and off. I looked over at the home screen. It was a text from this person named Clay.

Who was clay? I thought for a moment.

Oh! Someone who is on the same football team as Darryl. I heard another phone go off. I looked at Darryl's and there was nothing new. It must be my phone then.

I get my phone out when something else falls out of my pocket. I look down. It was Darryl's keys! Shoot! I forgot to give them back to him!

I looked around. I decided to place them on Darryl's bedside table.

I look at my phone. It was Cara.

Cara

"Hey Zak! We have a cheer meeting tomorrow at 6pm - 7pm. Meet up at school in the gym."

Zak

"Alright! Thanks for letting me know."

I sat back on Darryl's bed and played on my phone. After a bit I heard the shower stop running. Another few minutes pass and I hear footsteps. That must be Darryl.

Darryl walks into the room. "Someone texted you." I said not looking up from my phone. "Oh ok. Thanks." Darryl reliped.

"Oh I have a football meetup at 6pm tomorrow." Darryl said. I look up. He has a football meeting at the same time I have a cheer meetup!? What if he sees me!? "You can drop me off at my house at 5." I said, trying to sound calm. "Alright. Sounds good to me." Darryl said.

(Darryl's Pov)

"Hey Zak?" I asked. "Yeah?" Zak reliped. "It's getting late. We should head to bed." I said. I walked over and grabbed a blanket and a pillow. "Night." I said. I left the room and started to walk downstairs. "GoOdnight!" Zak called from inside the room. I giggled at his voice crack.

I placed the pillow on the couch. I layed down on the couch and covered myself with the blanket. I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to take me away.

I woke up to something touching my hair. I opened my eyes.

Once my vision was clear I saw Zak crouching down beside the couch. His fingers running through my hair. He was smiling. He noticed me looking at him.

"Good morning." Zak said in a soft voice. "Morning." My voice was deep and groggy. "What time...is it?" I added. "9am." Zak said. His voice was calming. I could fall right back asleep with the sound of his voice.

I sat up. I rubbed my eyes. Zak stands up. "How long have you been sitting there?" I asked Zak. "Not long. About 5 minutes." Zak replied. "What time did you wake up?" I asked. "Like an hour ago." Zak said.

I yawned.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked Zak. "I don't really care." Zak replied. "I can make pancakes?" I said. "Sure! Pancakes sound awesome!" Zak siad.

I stood up and walked over to the kitchen. I got some pancakes mix out and started mixing them. Zak was behind me looking over my shoulder to see what I was doing. I was still waking up a bit. I get done with the pancakes and grab two plates. I made 4 pancakes. 2 for me and 2 for Zak.

"Go have a seat. I'll bring the food." I said to Zak. He sat down at the dining table. I set the pancakes on the table. I grabbed some maple syrup and covered my pancakes.

"Do you want some?" I asked Zak. He shook his head. We started eating. I got done and Zak got done shortly after I did. I stood up and grabbed our plates. I walked over to the kitchen and placed them in the sink.

I walked over to the couch and folded up my blanket. I grabbed the pillow and placed it on top of the blanket. "I'm going to take these upstairs." I said. "And brush my teeth." I added.

I picked up the blanket along with the pillow and started to bring it upstairs. I walked to my bedroom door and opened it.

I placed the blanket onto my bed. I looked down and my bed was made. I didn't make it yesterday...? Did Zak do this? Awe that's sweet of him to do that.

I walked out of my room and closed my bedroom door. I walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and combed through my hair.

I walked back downstairs. Zak was sitting on the couch. He must have heard me because he looked behind him. I walked over and sat down beside him on the couch. ch. He fluffs his hair with his hands.

I look at my phone.

11:37am

I still had hours to spend with Zak. "Do you wanna go somewhere?" I asked. "Sure." Zak replied."Wanna go for a walk?" He suggested. "That sounds awesome!" I said. "Let me change first. We can walk to your house so you can get dressed and all that and then...." I couldn't think about anything else to say. "Football field?" Zak asked. "Yes! We could go there!" I exclaimed. I hurried upstairs.

I ran to my bedroom, almost running into the door. I opened the door and grabbed some clothes. I changed very quickly. I didn't want to make Zak wait too long. I put on a blue t-shirt and some shorts. I grabbed a jacket and threw it over my shoulders. I saw my car keys on my nightstand. Zak must have put them there.

I walked back downstairs. Zak was on his phone waiting by the door. I walked up behind him and hugged him. "Oh hey Darryl. Ready to go?" Zak asked. "Mhm." I replied. I realized my head was being buried into Zak's neck. I let go of Zak. I kept my eyes onto the ground. "Sorry I didn't know what came over me." I looked up at Zak's face. His face was a little red and he was smiling. "It's alright I didn't mind that." Zak said. My face turned even more red.

Zak placed his phone into his back pocket. I got my shoes on then opened the door. We both left the house and started walking to Zak's house.

On our way there we mostly just talked about school. "I'm still so proud of you for making the football team! You did so well!" Zak said. "You think so?" I asked him. "Yes!" Zak exclaimed. "Thanks! What will you do now that I have to go to practice? How will you keep busy?" I asked him. "I'll find something to do. Don't worry about me. I will find a way to keep myself busy." Zak promised. I liked the confidence he had in his voice.

We kept talking about school and hobbies until we got to Zak's house.

1338 words <3