Chapter 8 <3

(Zak's Pov)

"Oh wow. We are already here. It felt like only 5 minutes!" I exclaimed. "Time flies when you are having fun." Darryl said. I nodded. "It sure does!" I said.

I opened the door to my house. "You can come in if you'd like." I said smiling. Darryl nodded at me. I walked into my house. Darryl followed shortly behind me.

"I'm gonna go upstairs and change." I said as I walked upstairs. I walked to my bedroom. I changed into a white t-shirt and some shorts.

I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I combed through my hair before walking back downstairs.

Darryl was looking at some pictures I had in my living room. I walked behind him and rested my head on his shoulder. I wrapped my hands around his waist.

"Who are these people?" Darryl asked. He pointed to a girl with shoulder length hair. "That's my mom." I replied. He pointed to another girl with long dark brown hair. "That's my older sister." I said.

"They are beautiful women. Now I see where you get your good looks from." Darryl said. "Thank you." I said.

I released my hands from Darryl's waist. I lifted my head. He turns around to look at me. "Ready to go?" Darryl asked me. I nodded but then stopped. "Wait. I have to grab something really quickly." I said as I ran back upstairs.

I ran back to my room and grabbed a football. I went downstairs once more.

"Ok! Now I'm ready!" I said."I got the football so we could just walk to the football field and we don't have to walk back to your house to get one." I added. "Alright! Let's go!" Darryl replied.

We both walked out of the house together. We started walking to the field. I guess I didn't notice how close we were because I felt another hand brush against mine. I looked down. Me and Darryl's hands were barely connected. I looked over at Darryl. He was in his own little world. I pulled my hand away.

"Darryl?" I asked. There was no response. "Darryl? You alright?" I asked again. Again he didn't answer. Is he ok? I started to get worried. "Darryl?" I said louder.

Nothing.

He stopped walking. "Darryl?" I asked once again. I walked in front of him. I laced my hands onto his shoulders. "Darryl!" I called out. He shook his head and looked at me in surprise.

"Huh?" Darryl asked. "You alright?" I asked. He nodded at me. "You weren't responding to me then you just stopped walking. I got really worried!" I said.

"I'm sorry. I'm just thinking about things." He said. He looks at the ground. "What kind of things if you don't mind me asking?" I asked. "It's noth-" He started to say but then stopped. "Hm?" I asked. He looked up at my face. "It's football. Don't get me wrong! I love it! So many friendly people and an awesome coach!" He said. There was a long pause. "I'm just nervous about our game that's happening in 2 weeks. What if I don't do well and I just goof up and ruin the game for my whole team." He said. "I don't wanna let them down." Darryl added. "Don't worry about that! I'm sure you will do amazing!" I exclaimed. He smiled at me. "You think so?" He asked. "No, I don't think so." I said. His smile dropped. "I know so." added. And just like that his smile came back. Even bigger this time. His smile is really cute. I smiled back at him.

"Come on! We are almost there!" Darryl said He grabbed my hand and we both started running to the field.

(Darryl's Pov)

"We're here!" I exclaimed as I relassed Zak's hand.

I hope I don't zone out like I just did at practice, or the meeting, or even the games!

I tried to let the bad thoughts pass and just have fun playing with Zak.

We played for hours until Zak's phone went off. He grabbed it and checked it. "Oh shit!" He called out. "Language." I replied. "Sorry! I have to go! I just got a text about something! I'm sorry!" Zak said. He ran up to me and hugged me. After that he ran off.

I looked behind me. My team was walking onto the field. I ran to go join them.

(Zak's Pov)

I just got a text from Cara asking where I was. I checked the time and it was 6:15. Honestly it was worth it. I had such a fun time playing with Darryl.

I ran into the school. "I'm sorry I'm late!" I said. I started trying to catch my breath. "You're alright man." Velvet said. "Yeah it's alright. Come have a seat." Caroline said.

I sat down beside Velvet. "Ok so now that everyone is here." Caroline said. "The football players game is in 2 weeks so I hope you guys can customize your own uniforms for the team you have picked in time for the practice Monday. Got it?" Caroline said. The room filled with agreement. "Good so everyone knows what to do. So now we are going to pick stands so we will be ready Monday. For the pyramid. Who's going to be at the bottom?" Caroline asked.

Everyone looked around. "We need strong people. If you're strong, come up here." Becca said. Velvet raises his hand. "Yes velvet?" Caroline asked. "Zak's strong!" Velvet called out. "Zak? Really? Pfff- I highly doubt that. I don't think he is strong. If he was, he would be on the football team." A girl with short blonde hair and brown eyes said. "Lilly! That's not nice! Keep it up and you will be kicked off the cheer team." Caroline said. "Ugh whatever. Sorry for speaking the truth!" Lilly said. "Lilly!" Caroline snapped. "What!? I'm just saying!" Lilly snapped back.

My face begins to flare up and I can tell my face was turning red. I was not blushing. I got really mad!I just wanted to punch her in her face right then and there. But I didn't.

"Just stop being a bitch." Becca said to Lilly. "Yeah no one cares what you have to say." Velvet said. "No one cares what you have to say." Lilly replied. "I do." I spoke up. "Yeah right! You gays always stand up for each other." Lilly said.

"Lilly! You know what!? I've had enough! You're not cheering for the football players at their first game! You can leave now!" Caroline snapped. "What!? No!" Lilly said. "Yes." Becca simply replied. "Can I still come for practice at least!?" Lilly asked,

Caroline looked at Becca. Becca nodded.

"Fine! You can still come to practice. But if you try to cheer for the football players at their first game you will be kicked off of the team." Caroline said. "Whatever." Lilly said. "Say sorry to Zak." Becca said. "But I-" Lilly tries to say but then gets cut off. "Say sorry now!" Coraline snapped.

"Ugh! Sorry!" Lilly said. I ignored her. "I said sorry!" Lilly yelled at me. "I know. I heard you the first time" I said. "Don't you forgive me!?" Lilly asked. "Nope." I replied. "Leave." Becca said. Lilly stood up and stomped out of the gym.

"Anyways back to the pyramid, who is strong?" Coraline asked. "We need 3 more people because me and Becca are going to be at the bottom." She added.

This one girl raised her hand. She had brown hair and I couldn't see her eyes though. "Hannah! Thank you so much for volunteering! Come up here." Caroline said. Hannha stood up and walked over to stand beside Caroline. I then raised my hand. "Zak! Thank you! Come up here as well." Caroline said. I stood up and walked over to them. I stood beside Becca. Velvet then raised his hand. Caroline singled him to come up here as well. Velvet got up and stood beside me.

"Now for the mid-tier." Caroline said.

The 2 girls who were staring at me when I first came here raised their hands. After 20 minutes we got everything settled.

"Ok thank you everyone for joining! You may leave if you want to." Caroline said. A lot of people got up and left. I was about to leave when I heard someone call my name. "Zak!" I looked behind me. It was Velvet.

"Oh hey Velvet. What's up?" I asked him. "Hey so me and Ant wanted to know if you and Darryl wanted to go to a coffee shop with us to get muffins and all that. Also maybe have a sleepover at Ant's house." He said. "Do you wanna join?" He added. "Sure I'm down! I have to check with Darryl if he wants to join as well." I said. "No worries." Velvet replied to me.

"Hey, do you want to come with me? Ant and Darryl should be getting done with their meeting now." Velvet asked me. "Sure." I said, "Awesome! Let's go dude!" Velvet said. He runs out of the gym. I followed him.

1514 Words <3

#14 (Skephalp) DISCONTINUED जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें