Hidden Feelings (Chapter 6)

(Zak's Pov)

I rushed over to Cara. "What's up?" I asked her. "Here is my number so I can text you about che- about you know what." Cara said.

She handed me a piece of paper with her number on it. "Thanks." I said. "Yep. I'll text you when we have practice." She said. She waved then walked away. I waved back.

I walked back onto the bleachers. I saw Darryl and the rest of his team practicing. I sat back down on the bleachers.

I added Cara's phone number into my phone.

Zak

"Hey It's Zak. I added your number to my phone."

Cara

"Alright! We have cheer practice Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The football players have games on Saturday so we will be there cheering for them. The times are 4pm to 6:30pm."

Zak

"Alright gotcha!"

Oh sweet! I have practice the same days Darryl has practice! And I have time to change out of my uniform and watch him practice!

I looked up. Darryl scored a touchdown. "Woooo! Go Darryl!" I yelled from the bleachers. He looked up at me. I couldn't see his face but he could definitely see mine.

(Darryl's Pov)

Everytime I did something good or bad Zak would yell: "Go Darryl!" or "You're doing amazing or and awesome!" It was sweet of him to do that.

I blushed every time I heard him say my name. I felt so good. I really hope Zak will be there at my games. He brings me so much confidence.

Practice was over. I looked over and Zak was still there. Sitting on the bleachers. I walked over to him.

"You did A-Mazing!" He said to me. I smiled and blushed. I scratched the back of my head. "Heh. Thank you Zak." I said. "No problem!" He said back.

"Wanna go to my house and hang out? I need to take a shower." I asked him. "Sure! But can we go to my house really quickly? I have to drop something off." He said. He held up the bag that was in his hand. "Sure." I said.

"Let's go." Zak said. He grabbed my arm.

I don't know what this feeling is but whenever I'm around Zak my heart feels warm...I don't know what it is.

Am I falling for him?

Wait what..was I just thinking about?

"Darryl?" I snapped out of it. I saw Zak standing right in front of me. His face was just inches away from my face.

I backed up. "Huh what?" I said. "I think you zoned out. I tried calling you names many times." Zak said. "Oh I'm sorry." I said. "It's alright. We should get you home. You look really tired." Zak said. I nodded

We walked to my car.

"I think I should drive. We can't have you zoning out while driving." Zak said.

I didn't completely trust him with driving. But I guess he doesn't learn if he doesn't try.

I sighed. "Fine." I said. I handed Zak my car keys. We both got into the car.

Zak started driving to his house. He did better than I thought.

He parked beside the road near his house. He got out and went into his house. A few minutes later he comes back.

He gets back into the car. We drove to my house.

I'm falling for him...?

That thought kept running through my mind.

"Darryl?" Zak said to me. I looked up with surprise. "This is why I drove." Zak said. "You zoned out again." He added. "Sorry. Just this one thought kept running through my head." I said, rubbing my eyes. "What are you thinking about?" Zak asked me. "I-it's nothing." I said. He can't know how I'm feeling.

I don't even know what I'm feeling...

"Now come on." Zak said. "Let's get you home. Then to bed." He added.He opened the door and got in. I followed. Zak started driving to my house.

"I'll drive you home after I get a shower." I said. "No Darryl. You need to sleep. I'll just walk home." Zak said. "It's going to be too dark!" "So what. Are you asking me to sleep over?" Zak asked. My face started to heat up. "All I'm saying is that I want you to be safe. So if you staying over means you'll be safe then so be it." I said. I looked away. I started staring out of the window.

719 Words <3