Cheer? (Chapter 4)

(Darryl's Pov)

I made the team...but Zak didn't. And somehow he is always smiling even when anything bad or sad happens to him. "You did it!" Zak kept saying to me over and over again.

He hugged me. I blushed a bit. I hope he couldn't tell.

"People who made the football teams please go to the football field. "You should go." Zak said. "I'll catch you later." He added. He waved to me as he walked away. I waved back.

(Zak's Pov)

I'm so happy for Darryl! He made the team! I don't care that I didn't! I'm just so happy for him. Plus I knew I wasn't gonna make it. I did so badly to be honest.

I walked down the hallway.

I heard someone call my name from behind me. "Hey Zak! Wait up!"

I looked behind me to see Caroline. One of Darryl's friends. Also the cheer captain.

My feet come to a stop and I turn around. I wait for her to catch up to me. She caught her breath.

"I'm guessing Darryl made the football team and you didn't?" She asked me. "How do you know we both didn't make it?" I asked back. "You guys are always hanging out together and if you guys made it you want to be here right now talking to me." She said. She had a point. "Ok fine. Yes Darryl made the team and I didn't. Don't get me wrong! I'm super proud of him though!" I said smiling.

"I wanted to ask you something. You don't have to say yes but just hear me out." She said with a smirk. "Go ahead. I'm listening." I said.

"How would you feel about joining the cheer team? You've got the moves." She asked me. I blushed at her question. "Really?" I asked. "I don't have to try out?" I added. "Nope! I saw it there! Your dance moves are amazing!" She said to me, "Heh, thank you." I said scratching the back of my head.

"You could cheer for whatever team he wants to cheer for!" She said, smiling at me. I could cheer for Darryl. I smiled then nodded. "Sure I'll join." I said. "Perfect!" she said. "Follow me! you will be picking your teams you want to cheer for today!" She added. I followed her.

We walked into the gymnasium. There were girls already sitting down on the floor. I saw Niki. I had math class with her. I have no idea who the rest is.

I looked around to see I wasn't the only boy here. There were 3 other boys. 1 of them were Velvet. I'm guessing he will be cheering for Ant then. The other 2 I had no idea who they were.

I waved to Velvet. He waved back. I walked over to him and sat down.

Everyone was talking to one another. "So are you here to cheer Darryl on?" Velvet asked me. "Yeah!" I said without thinking about it. "Ooooo~" Velvet teased. I blushed at his statement.

I rolled my eyes at him. He started to giggle.

"Alright everyone! Welcome! If you are here that means you made the cheer team!" Caroline said. Everyone started cheering.

"We will go around and introduce ourselves, which team we want to cheer for and why we are cheering for that team. You go first." Caroline said as she pointed to one of the browned hair boys who had the goggle looking sunglasses on.

"Hello. My name is George and I will be cheering for Pink Parrots because my friend Clay is on that team." The guy said. He sounded british. Was he british? I bet he is.

"Alright let's keep going." Caroline said.

"Hi! My name is Karl! I will be cheering for my boyfriend Sapnap! He is on the Blue Bats team!" The other browned hair boy said.

We kept going around until we reached Velvet. "Hello! My name is Velvet. I want to cheer for Pink parrots as well because my boyfriend, Ant, is on that team." Velvet said.

It was now my turn.

"Hi. My name is Zak. I would like to cheer for Pink parrots as well. My best friend Darryl is on that team.

I saw two of the girls look at me then whisper to one another. I could tell they were talking about me. I just rolled my eyes at them.

"Okay everyone! Come up here and pick up your uniforms! There are 2 for everyone! 1 will be for practice and other is for the games!" Caroline said. "You can customize them if you would like!" She added.

One by one. Everyone went up and grabbed their uniforms. I was the last one to grab mine. I was about to walk out.

Should I tell Darryl about me joining the cheerleading team? I wanna surprise him though.

I turned around and walked towards Caroline. "Hey Caroline." I said. "Hey Zak. By the way, you can just call me Cara." She said, "Oh sorry. Cara." I said. "Yeah? What's up?" She asked. "Could you not tell Darryl about me being a cheerleader?" I asked.

"Why are you ashamed of being one?" Another person asked me. I looked behind me. It was Cara's best friend Becca.

"No! I'm not! I just wanted to surprise him! That's all!" I said. "Fine I won't tell him." Cara said. Becca nodded. "I won't tell him either." Becca said to me. "Thank you girls." I said.

I walked out of the gymnasium. I put my uniform in a plastic bag.