Keeping Secrets (Chapter 5)

I walked to the football field. The football players were practicing. I looked around and saw Darryl. He was drinking some water. I guess they had a break.

I don't think he saw me because he put his water down, looked around, then gathered with his team.

I walked over and sat on the bleachers. I wasn't the only one though. There were few other people. 2 of them were Geroge and Karl.

(Darryl's Pov)

I was really tired although I did get my jersey. I was really happy about that. I was #14 for my team!

We payed for a few more minutes. We crushed the other team!

"Ok teams! Great job! Take a 20 minute break!" Our coach said as he blew his whistle. The whistle was really loud and it hurt my ear drums.

I walked over and grabbed my water bottle. I chugged all my water. I placed my bottle down and looked around.

There were a few people sitting on the bleachers. One I knew very well. It was Zak!

How long has he been sitting there?

I walked over to him. I sat down beside him.

"So how is practice going? I just got here a few minutes ago. You did awesome!" Zak said. "It's going pretty well! And thanks!" I said back. "What have you been up to?" I asked him. "I just got off of che-" He said and then he coughed. "Sorry. I just got done talking with Velvet ." Zak told me.

I saw something in his hands. I didn't ask him what it was though. It was probably nothing.

He looked away. He looked at the football field. "I'm so happy for you! You're doing amazing! I knew you were gonna make it!" Zak said. He looked back at me. "I knew I wasn't going to make the team." He said. He laughed. "I did so badly." He added. I didn't know what to say.

"Anyways! What days do you have practice?" He asked me. "Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Our games are usually on saturday. But we only have games if we beat the other teams. Last 2 teams that are still standing go against each other and whoever wins that round wins the whole season." I said back. "What time do you start and end?" Zak asked "5pm to 7pm. Our games are from 5pm to 10pm." I said. "When is your first game?" Zak asked. "Next month." I replied.

"Hey Zak!" We both looked over to see where that came from. It was Cara. I didn't know her and Zak were friends.

"I have to go. I'll see you later!" Zak said. He hugged me before he raced to meet up with Cara. I got down from the bleachers and grabbed another water bottle.

"Ok! Time's up! Get ready!" Our coach said. I gather with my team.