Chapter 24 - What a Tease

As the minutes passed, the more you hated time for moving so lethargically. It was only third lesson and you were already bored out of your mind.

'Thank fuck it's a Friday', you thought.

(Honestly, at this point I don't even remember what the actual day is in the story).

As you were messing around with your pen, droning out the teacher's words, you felt a familiar buzz in your pocket. 

Sneakily plucking your D.D.D out and placing it on the desk, you see the one thing you wished you hadn't.

Lucifer: Mc, we need to talk in the library at break. No excuses, and don't even think about dawdling.

'Fuck, either I'm in trouble for what I said to Arabella, or forgetting about all the extra work he gave me', you thought to yourself, mentally shivering at the lecture you were going to receive.

"Mc, what did I just say?!", the teacher snapped, making you jolt in your seat.

~ Time Skip - Break ~

"Fucking school. Why didn't I leave the Devildom when I had the fucking chance?!", you grumble angrily, storming into the library in search of the first born.

"Ah, Mc-"

"What do you want?", your words came out a bit too harsh as you grabbed onto the table. Your eyes widen once you realised just how bitter you sounded.  

Lucifer was taken aback but upon noticing your shocked expression, knew you must've had a bad morning.

"I'm... So sorry. I didn't mean to sound so bitchy, I just–", you sighed, plopping onto a chair, "–I got a detention".

Lucifer stared at you with unamused eyes, "what did you do, or say?"

"Nothing, literally", you respond, remembering how you were unable to repeat what the teacher was talking about.

The demon shook his head, sighing heavily at your antics, "I have to stay after-school as well so I'll walk back with you".

"You got a detention?!!!", you yelled, instantly slapping a hand over your mouth because you were still in a library.

"No", he gave you a stern look. "I have work I need to complete".

"Oh... So what did ya wanna talk about?", you ask sheepishly, scratching the back of your head.

"I wanted your opinion on this event Lord Diavolo wants to hold at R.A.D", he slipped you a sheet of paper. You didn't even finish reading the first sentence before realising what this was.

"Soo he wants to hold a school prom or something?", you look at the demon questioningly to which he nods.

"Ah, cool", you murmur your thoughts out loud once reading more of the plan. "I think you and Barbatos should be in charge of the food and get Beel to taste test".

"But I feel it would be better if you and Solomon do so, considering the theme will be something from the human world", Lucifer argued.

You weigh out the argument before agreeing, "wait, but we're also in charge of the decor?"

"Yes, but you won't have to do any cooking, and most of the decor will be ordered. You both just need to decide on the theme, colour schemes, potential designs, and so on".

There must be some sort of catch. Was he biding his time about what he really wanted to talk to you about? He must be.

"Mc, were you listening?"