Chapter 31 - Bonding

'Just a heads up'

Members: You, Satan, Lucifer

You: We adopted a cat.

Satan: It's too late to object. The forms have been signed.

This was how you both confessed to him on the day of Kushiro's arrival. Needless to say he was livid, however, couldn't do much other than deal with it. That didn't mean you got out of being punished though.

"Taking care of an animal is a handful so you both better be prepared to look after and take responsibility of him. Quitting when the going gets tough isn't an option", were his final words before storming off to his study. You couldn't deny the fact you felt guilty but also riled up by his statement. You and Satan would prove to him that you could take great care of Kushiro.

It didn't help much that an hour into being here, he had vanished.

"Koo?", you whisper yell, stalking through the hallways with unease in fear of notifying Lucifer. "Kushiro Milo I swear if you don't show yourself I'll- I'll throw away your treats".

A low chuckle startles you, instantly you spin around. Thankfully it wasn't Lucifer, instead you were greeted with the bouncy blond locks of Satan who had the small black and white cat bundled up in his arms, meowing at you as if he understood your threat.

"You found him! Where?", you sigh in relief, your head tilting upwards whilst a hand covers where your racing heart would be.

"He was hiding under your bed covers. He desperately clung to them when I tried grabbing him; I think he's already picking favourites", Satan directed the last part with a pointed glare towards Koo but it melted away as the small cat peered back up at him and let out what appeared to be a small whine.

You smile warmly at the adorably rare sight in front of you until it was cut short with the pinging of your phone.

'Quinque'

Members: You, Simeon, Luke, Solomon, Arwin

Arwin: UNCLE ARWIN IS COMING OVR RN!!

Solomon: You better pick me up otw

Simeon: *Us*

Luke: yh, we wanna see the kitty too!!!

~~~

"Looks like we've company", you murmur with an amused eye roll. Mammon, Belphie and Levi weren't too interested in Kushiro. Asmo and Beel however, warmed up to him rather quickly but Satan immediately pried Koo away from Beel once hearing his stomach rumble. Belphie then left with the famished demon to Hell's Kitchen.

Upon seeing Satan's confused look you continue. "The uncles are coming", you snicker once saying that aloud. Thankfully he seemed to understand to whom you were referring to.

"We're not leaving Solomon alone with Koo at any time. I'm certain he'll catnap him if presented the chance", Satan declares as he follows you into his room.

"Lol", was your only response much to his chagrin.

"You spent too much time with Levi", he mumbled which you grin back at.

(Does anyone say lol aloud or am I just being weird? Like, I used it jokingly but now I catch myself saying it a lot. ಠ∀ಠ).

***

"Ack, why're you so cute?!!", Arwin squeaks, squeezing Kushiro's cheeks. He had a lopsided grin on his lips, his fingers digging into the kitten's fur as he played around with it.

Simeon and Luke brought some homemade Panda shaped bread with them which felt illegal to bite into. Solomon was cooing and petting Kushiro alongside Arwin.

You and Satan were sat by his study area, watching the four talk and fawn over the small cat.

"Oi, do you think they're~?" You nod your head towards the two on the bed.

Satan caressed his chin with his thumb as he discreetly glanced over at Arwin and Solomon who were laughing at one of Luke's comments. The angel peered downcast, covering his face with his hands as Simeon put a comforting hand on his shoulder, trying to stifle his own laughter whilst doing so.

After a minute or so deciphering the two's body language, Satan finally nodded in agreement. Solomon had a hand casually grasping onto Arwin's thigh as he leaned over to pet the top of Kushiro's head.

You and Satan take sips of your drinks, revelling in the newfound knowledge. However, it was not completely confirmed yet so you made a mental note to ask Arwin about it later.

"Satan, Mc, come join us over here!", Luke said once recovering from his embarrassed state. Both angels were sat on the floor by the bed. You were thankful Satan heeded your earlier advice and decided to finally give his room a much needed clean up.

"Bring the tray too!" Solomon chimed in with a smile before him and Arwin also decided to sit on the floor. It resembled a small circle now that you all were sat down with the tray of hot beverages and panda bread placed in the middle.

"Oh! We also made Koo some homemade treats!!" Luke excitedly adds, rummaging through the backpack they had brought with them.

"They're lactose free and we made sure to avoid putting in anything Kushiro may have an allergic reaction to", Simeon reassured which made you and Satan smile at how thoughtful the two were.

"Solomon wasn't anywhere near them during the making, don't worry", Arwin chimed in making you all crack up.

"Hey!!"

"I'm sorry but you're cooking's just... Shit", Arwin tried but failed at being subtle causing the sorcerer to cross his arms, pouting at his words. You all were cackling at this point, earning a glare from the demon. Arwin began gently patting Solomon's knee as a form of solace but to no avail did it work. As a last resort the demon sat Kushiro down on Solomon's lap which immediately brightened him up.

After twenty minutes of chattering and finishing up the food, the conversation simmered down to small talk every now and then. You were on your phone going over the recording you took of Koo when he was sniffing Simeon's bread.

"Gah, we were supposed to be on the same team!!", you hear an offended yell. Looking up you see Arwin crawling backwards as Solomon grabbed Kushiro, moving menacingly towards the demon. It seemed as though his words were directed at the cat.

"I'm fearing Koo's well-being", you hear Satan mumble wearily as he watches the scene unfurl. Simeon and Luke were close by in case any harm came towards the feline.

Maybe it was a bad idea to let them come over...

Before any actual harm could present itself, a sudden knock gained everyone's attention.

"Yo, since you're all here Lord D is over to talk to us. Lucifer said to come down to the living room", Levi popped his head through the door before leaving.

Satan let out a sigh of relief, getting up to grab Kushiro. Simeon extended a hand towards you which you gladly take. You linked arms with him once getting up before he leads you out of the room.