Chapter 10 - Punishment Received

After you all got back home it was pretty evident that Lucifer was not coming out from his office. None of you wanted to bother him in case he was mad at you all for leaving, so when Beel made lunch, with most of you helping him (because why not? Lucifer wasn't there to reprimand you) you made sure to save some food for him. Beel also got all the "leftovers". By that it really means that you all purposely ate smaller portions so the hungry demon had a bit more to eat. It technically wasn't breaking the rules because Lucifer didn't mention him not being able to eat the leftovers but seeing as he still wasn't there, you all bended it to make sure Beel didn't starve. I mean you all knew he was a sadist but jeez.

After helping Beel clean up, which he just decided to do seeing as it went with the cooking, you languidly made your way to Lucifer's office. Upon knocking on the door however you quickly realised he was no longer in there. You knock once more, just in case before going to his bedroom.

'I swear if he's not there he can eat it out of the trash. I ain't his personal maid'.

You tap on the soft wood of his bedroom door. Not even a second later do you hear him yell a, "come in!"

It then occurred to you that you didn't bring him any water to go with the food.

'Oh motherfucker. Well he'll just have to die of thirst. No way am I going back downstairs for him. Cleaning everything was a nightmare'.

You, just like before, took too long. Lucifer groaned, thinking his brothers were pranking him. He got up and threw open the door.

"What have I- oh... Mc, what brings you here?", Lucifer was just as surprised to see you than you were when he opened the door.

"Uhh...", you trail off.

'oh no, don't do that thing where you forget to talk'.

He raised a brow after you were silent for a few seconds. You instantly shoved the plate into his abdomen, by accident of course. He just about grabbed it before it fell on the floor, staring at you in shock.

"What was that for?", he asked, clearly a little pissed.

'Hah, when's he not?'

'When we're being good'.

'What's the fun in that?'

'Not getting punished by Lucifer'.

You again zone out. This was starting to concern the firstborn. You did this way too often.

He clicked his fingers near your face, "snap out of it Mc".

Your head raised up to look at Lucifer now. Studying his features you realised that he clearly doesn't sleep well. You noticed the barely visible bags that were beginning to form under his eyes. His eyes in general seemed a little bloodshot and tired.

"Why are you withholding my punishment when the others have already received it?", you ask. It was eating you up that you hadn't received it yet.

A small smirk formed on Lucifer's face, "you can wait a little while".

"I really can't".

"Too bad, you're going to have to find a way. You'll receive it shortly", he says.

"You keep saying that, you do realise I have to go to bed soon, right?"

"Who said that you're getting it today? I said you'll receive it shortly, that doesn't mean anytime today. Thank you for bringing me dinner Mc. Goodnight", he was about to shut the door before you kept it open with your hands.

He raised a brow again, "Mc, go to bed".

"No way can I wait that long", you respond.

"That isn't any of my concern", he replied.