Chapter 32 - Tension

Once you make it down to the living room, you notice almost all the demons already there. They seemed a little alert, likely due to Lord Diavolo's presence.

You and Simeon still had interlinking arms as you both waltzed in which Lucifer's eye indistinctly twitched at. However, Levi caught it and began to smirk whilst staring ahead as you sat down on a sofa between Simeon and Arwin.

"Levi, you look very joyous", Lord Diavolo commented with his own large smile plastered on his face.

"Huh? Oh, uh, yeah... I guess...", the third born trailed off, scratching the back of his head. His eyes glanced upwards to Lucifer who was glaring back down at him. Levi let out a smug grin, wiggling his brows at him which only further irritated the first born.

The sudden scent of cinnamon and vanilla wafted through the air. Barbatos smiled as he watched your head veer around until eventually spotting a plate of fresh cookies on the windowsill pane. It seemed Arwin also caught onto them too because you both began to grin like little school children.

"The cookies are for afterwards", Barbatos informed you both. "Beel also has his eye on them". You both nodded in understanding but still (not so discreetly) peeked over at them.

"Oi, why'd ya both get'ta sit next to Mc?!", Mammon complained as he strolled into the living room.

"Mc, come sit by moi!", Asmo sang, patting the vacant seat next to him.

"Stop whining." Satan rolled his eyes at the two, shoving Mammon into the free seat instead.

"Eh?!? I ain't sittin' by these guys!!", Mammon jolted up only to be yanked back down again by Lucifer.

"Lord Diavolo came to discuss something with us. The seating arrangements aren't of importance", Lucifer's grip on Mammon's wrist tightened with each word until the second born let out a pained whine.

Just as Lucifer was about to let go he was hit with a fluffy but firm object that made impact with his chest.

"Let go of Mammon, you... You fiend!", a yell immediately followed the sudden attack. Belphie leaned over Beel, grabbing the dark pillow from Lucifer's lap.

"Pfftt, fiend? Your insults are gettin' shittier", Arwin cackled before getting shoved by you.

"I mean technically Lucifer is a fiend so it wasn't an insult", Satan added but there was a sly smirk tugging on his lips.

"Mcc!", Lucifer growled, unintentionally clenching on Mammon's wrist again.

"YOW, GET OFFA ME!!!", Mammon shrieked, desperately tugging his arm backwards which Lucifer complied to.

Lord Diavolo laughed at the scene playing out in front of him. It was always something with the demon brothers. He couldn't understand why Lucifer wouldn't allow him around them much; they were fun and entertaining.

"Hey, what happened to Kushiro?", Solomon suddenly asked as Mammon was grumbling and Lucifer uttered a few words of apologies.

"He's sleeping and you are not disturbing him", Satan begrudgingly mutters, sending a few sideways glares to the sorcerer.

"Who's Kushiro?", Barbatos chimed in.

"Who cares? Just get on with the fucking meeting". Belphie blankly stated but was reprimanded by Lucifer.

"Kushiro is mine and Satan's cat", you answer, instantly piquing Lord Diavolo's interest. His head snapped in your direction, eyebrows raised in surprise.

"You have a cat?!"

"Please just get onto the meeting, then you can discuss the cat", Lucifer sighed with a facepalm.