Chapter 11 - Sleep

Third day into the punishment and saying you all were dying was an understatement.

Mammon's grades were pretty low as he pulled all nighters just to get his work submitted in on time.

Levi was dying of boredom, plus the socialisation was just too much for the poor otaku so he clung to your side every chance he got.

Satan had completely lost it. He tried rationing the chapters so he could complete it within the week but he got greedy (he pulled a Mammon, be wary of the types of Mammon's, they differentiate) and read it all in two days. He would've read it all the day after Lucifer handed out the punishment but you managed to pry the book away from him, with Levi, Beel and Mammon's help.

Asmo was panicking the fuck out. Without his beauty products he was certain the "ugliness" was catching up to him. He even resorted to making his own face washes which ended up with him getting a tumeric toned face. He freaked out so badly that Mammon came downstairs to tell him to shut up but when he saw Asmo, he died laughing whilst taking a bunch of pictures. That infuriated the hell out of Asmo.

Now that Beel's portion sizes was severely cut down to a minimal size, less food was made. The table looked so bare that when you all sat down to eat, you thought that Beel forgot to go grocery shopping. Of course you all sneakily fed him some food during lessons or at break, that's how he didn't starve. Although it wasn't nearly as enough, the sixth born was immensely grateful, especially since getting caught would lead to dire consequences.

Belphegor was, well Belphegor, but a million times worse. He was so cranky and short tempered. He would snap at you if you so much as looked at him for more than a second without saying anything. He even yelled at a group of people in school because they were "talking weirdly". The bags under his eyes had bags of their own. It was as if he got punched, and his bloodshot eyes were worse than Lucifer's. He ran solely on coffee.

You knew these punishments were probably worse than any other ones Lucifer could've possibly handed out so you decided to rectify the situation. You couldn't stand to see them suffer like this for something you caused.

You found yourself, yet again, in front of Lucifer's room. Hastily knocking on the door, you worried over what you would say but the apprehension only grew when you heard him yell an, "enter".

You let out a sigh before turning the door knob and entering the room. He was sitting on his desk, writing away as if he hadn't heard you come in.

"Uh, Lucifer?", you question warily.

His hand slowly came to a halt and his head rose up upon hearing your voice.

He turned to face you, those crimson orbs of his seemed to be filled with fatigue.

"Mc", he said, getting up, even that seemed exhausting for the prideful demon.

"Have you slept at all?", you ask worryingly.

"Concerned for my well-being? How very thoughtful of you", he teased with a small smirk.

"Yes, I'm concerned. You do know that a lack of sleep effects the brain for four days afterwards don't you? Your memory and cognitive performance will exacerbate and it will also negatively impact your body, such as impairing the functioning of your immune system, making you more susceptible to infections", you explain.

He let out a breathy chuckle, taking a few, long strides towards you, "my smart, little cookie". He enveloped you into a hug.

This was so not like him. The lack of sleep really was getting to him.

You felt his breath go down your neck, causing you to break out into goosebumps. His head rested peacefully on your shoulder, making him sigh out in serenity.

"Lucifer?", you whisper lightly, not wanting to disturb the demon but also because you forgot how to talk for a few seconds.

He hummed questioningly, eyes still closed and head not moving.

"I came here to talk to you about something imperative", you try to take control of the situation, attempting to make it more professional but utterly failing to do so. The blood in your cheeks was boiling.

"Later", he mumbled, squeezing your sides before walking you backwards towards his bed, "let's rest first".

'What?!', you thought.

"But-", you were cut off as he pushed you down onto the bed. He fell on top of you, eyes still glued shut, arms rewrapping themselves just below your shoulders. You couldn't move your arms, they were stuck inside the hug.

"Lucifer, please, this is dire", you try again, "your brothers really have learnt their lesson. Please will you revoke the punishment? They truly have repented''.

"Mmm...", he thought but it was as if he was thinking with only half his brain working, "if I do so... Will you let me sleep in peace?"

You smile, "of course".

"Okay then, their punishments have been revoked. Now please, let me rest", he says, tightening his grip on you. It didn't hurt, it was just a lot cosier now.

"Really?!", you squeak in happiness.

"Mhm", he murmured.

"Yay, thank you Lulu!!", you managed to free your arms slightly, returning the hug.

"Did you just... Call me Lulu?", he questioned, lifting his head up to the best of his ability, looking down at you.

"What? No. See I told you you need sleep. Your brain isn't functioning and now you're hearing things", you say, "so lie back down and get some rest".

"Really?", he asked, raising a brow.

"Are you assuming that I'm lying?", you shot back.

"No... Maybe I did just imagine it", he mumbled before lying back down, cuddling closer to you as his eyelids slowly became more heavier. Yours did too but you knew that he had to sleep first so you let your hands find their way to his head, playing with his jet black locks.

The soothing motions of your fingers did just the trick at sending the firstborn straight to sleep.