Chapter 5

EVERA

"Well, me standing here explains it, right?" I asked him with a languid expression. He blinked.

"Well, Yeah." He said brushing his hair aside. I cleared my throat and started to walk towards the bedroom, followed by my mate.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot to ask, what's your name?" I asked him as soon as we arrived inside the bedroom, even though I already know his name, It would be creepy for him if I just call him by his name without him telling me about it, he gave me a soft smile before answering.

"I'm Drayce, and how about you, my little mate?" He asked. I blushed but composed myself.

"I'm Evera." I answered coolly and started to walk towards the bed. I sat on it and placed a big pillow in the middle. Drayce also then went to the other side and laid on his back.

"Remember, no trespassing." I said, he chuckled before nodding.

DRAYCE

After a few more seconds, I can feel her breathing getting steady, that means she is already asleep. I'm wondering why she still asked me about my name when she is a witch, she can still see it though me. But I'll just let it off the hook.

I turned my head to look at her, a smile made its way to my lips when I saw her cute sleeping face. I want to kiss, hug and cuddle her but I know she might get angry if I do that without her permission. I closed my eyes and also fell asleep.

I suddenly woke up when I felt something wrapping around me and laying on my chest. I fluttered my eyes open and a huge smile made it's way on my face.

My mate was hugging me and her head is laying on my chest. I slowly raised my hand and softly caressed her red-orange hair. It was so soft. I kissed her head before closing my eyes and falling asleep once again.

EVERA

I opened my eyes and realized I was hugging a hard body. Panic coursed through me when I realized it was Drayce' body! Oh my goodness, this is so embarrassing!

I told him that there is no trespassing and touching but I was the one who trespassed. I wish this bed could eat me alive right now.

"You're awake?" I heard him ask and I realized I had not yet remove my arms from around him yet.

I shrieked and let him go, I then quickly took off and went to the bathroom, closing the door. Darn it, why does this has to be embarrassing!?

I just sighed and started to brush my teeth. I usually shower on mornings but I have a man in my bedroom, my clothes are not inside the bathroom but at the closet inside the bedroom.

Could this day get any worst? But what would he think of me that I broke my own word of no touching and trespassing? Damn Evera, why do you have to be so embarrassing!

"Calm down, girl. He's our mate." My wolf, Evie said.

"Are you serious, Ev? Do you know how many mated wolves reject their mates!?" I asked her while thinking of the possibilities. Since I was little I was worried what if one day I find my mate, and what would he or she think of me.

"Yes, but there is one thing.." She trailed. I frowned.

"What?" I asked her. She snickered.

"He is not a werewolf. He's a dragon royalty for goddess sake! You're a witch too Evera, you do know that royal dragons do not have a chance to reject their mates, and even if they have, they won't have the courage to do so. Dragons are not werewolves. Especially because, they will never have a second chance, so they treasure their mates." Evie reminded. I felt so lost after that. She is so right.

If he leaves or reject me, it is gonna be his pain too. He will be lonely forever. Werewolves can have second chances, but royal dragons cannot. Their pain in loosing a mate is almost equal with a tribrid.

I took a deep breath. Think about what Evie said Evera. He is a royal dragon, not a werewolf.

"Yes, and besides Evera. True love comes from the soul, not from the mind." After Evie said that, she drifted at the back of my head once again. I nodded at my self in the mirror and cleared my throat before opening the door.

After opening it, I saw Drayce, standing in front of the flower painting.

"Hey," I bit my lip after saying that. He glanced at me with a smile before looking back at the painting.

"Red roses are beautiful, are there any more of that here? I do want to see them personally.." He said, I tilted my head in confusion. Never seen a red rose?

"What do you mean 'See them personally'?" I asked him, he gave me a sweet smile before speaking.

"In the dragon realm, we only have black roses. Red colors are too rare. It's like there is only one red rose that will grow every year, because the red will turn into black when it stays long enough in the dragon realm even white, pink or other roses will turn black. That's why I never get to catch a glimpse of them." He explained while looking at the window behind the bed. I just nodded.

"I can take you to a place full of red roses if you want." I said and he looked at me with pure bliss.

"I'd love to!" He said with a huge smile on his face, I just smiled back. He just look like a normal human in this form. Even his eyes are normal, it is white and his pupils are just dark blue, like a normal american.

"Sure thing, just wait here for a moment." I said and went to the closet to take one of my baskets when picking some herbs or plants.

Then I went to the drawer beside my bed and took a few plastic bottles. I'm going to hunt for any animals to get some blood.

I put the plastic bottles inside the basket and smiled at him, I fixed my dress before walking towards him.

"Let's go." I said and walked out of the room, Drayce was following behind me.

"What do you need those bottles for?" He asked me.

"For blood, I'm going to hunt some animals. I need to have my own blood pack inside the bathroom." I answered casually. He just nodded while following me. My Mother is currently reading a magazine in the living room

"Mom, we're going out." I informed her and she just waved her hands on us.

"Your father is coming home tonight, just come back before 5. Be safe." Said my mother, still looking at the magazine. I smiled, Drayce and I then walked out of the house.

"EVERAAAAA!!" Suddenly, I heard Lake's voice shout in front of me and he was running towards us. But Drayce stepped in front of me, blocking him from my view. I frowned.

"What are you doing? Please move." I said and he just sighed before moving.

"Woah, who's he? I'm not judging cupcake but what if that dragon of a mate of yours catch you with this handsome guy?" He asked, pointing at Drayce. I looked at him with a haunted expression. 'Lake, you moron!' I thought inside my head.

I heard Drayce laugh, Lake and I then looked at him together and he immediately stopped laughing.

"I'm Drayce, the dragon you saw." He introduced himself to Lake.

Lake raised both his hands to cover his mouth. He glanced at me then to Drayce, back to me and then back to Drayce, he was about to glanced back at me when I kicked his knees.

"Owww," He groaned in pain.

-

I'm sorry Lake, 😭. Poor lakey.