Chapter 23

(Here is another of my knowledge with werewolves, they are not Immortal and die just like how a human dies.)

EVERA

I sat under a tree with red leaves as I feel my energy draining. I've been running for too long. What kingdom even is this. The ground is also a black sand.

I stood up when I heard voices, dragons. I decided to clime up the tree since my speed still have a limit and I can't run yet.

"Whoever it is, death should be his punishment." A man said making me frown. What's happening here? Who are they talking about? Why am I so curious?

"He killed a person, of course it will be death." Another voice said, I know it's bad to eavesdrop but I'm just curious, so let me.

"I guess so, especially that he killed a lord." The same voice from earlier replied. If a man killed a lord then I'm sure another lord or dragon that is higher than a lord could kill him. I'm good at this cause my IQ is 120.

I took a feeling of their aura and smiled when I realized they're not a high ranked dragon and jumped down from the tree as both heads landed on me.

"Who are you?" The man asked, making a defensive stance.

"I can help you if you want to know who killed the lord." I said, I don't even know what I'm doing or why I am doing this, but my Instincts are kicking in.

"Really? How?" The man asked, but he was still keeping a stance.

"Tell me everything you know about the lord and the accident." I said. And they both looked at each other before shrugging their shoulders.

"Since most dragons already know about this, then here. The lord was King Drayce's lord, Lord Gale and he was poisoned, he was then brought into our kingdom to frame us but we don't know who." The man explained while the other was just nodding in agreement.

"If the lord was poisoned so easily, then it is obvious that whoever poisoned him must be one of his teams, since lords eat together with the high lord, right?" I explained, but wait, Drayce's lord? So that was why I was curious.

"If you're right, then one of King Drayce's lords killed him?" They asked with widened eyes and I nodded.

"It must be someone he has a conflict with or someone who hates him or has a big grudge on him. It can also be someone cunning." I said.

"Who are you?" The both of them asked together with a curious expression. I just turned around when  I felt my speed coming back. I waved at them before running away.

I think I'll catch that suspect first before showing my self to Drayce, because if that person can bring the dead body at ease without the king of this kingdom finding out, then he must be Intelligent and have good techniques.

I stopped at a village with a smile, this one is my Mate's kingdom, I already passed 3 kingdoms so it means this is his. It's beautiful. But who could be the suspect?

I used my speed to pass the guards and stopped after passing them. I passed the village and past another when my eye caught something floating above the sky. My mate's castle. The lords have their own special homes.

I looked at the big floating houses and knew it was the houses of the lords. I drank a floating potion and peeked into a house and saw no one, they must be off somewhere. I tried to open the window and was relieved when it was open and not locked.

I got inside and searched the house. Don't blame me, this is the best way to look for proof of the suspect. I didn't find anything so I floated to another house Immediately since the floating potion could only last for 5 hours.

Until I opened the drawer of the 6th house and found a glass with Orange liquid, I wore a glove before taking it and I opened the glass and smelled the liquid. A smirk appeared between my lips. Gotcha. It was a nap poison, it can kill a person if that person is asleep, and it is very powerful than dragons.

I closed the potion and hid it inside my bag before searching for the person's information. I found his birth certificate and a copied ID, I read through it. So I was right, it was one of the Lords. I also put it in my bag and got out of the house.

I flee towards the castle and landed on the ground before three guards started to surround me and I raised two of my hands in surrender. The other guard seemed to be mind-linking someone since he was staring at nothing.

"What's happening?" I heard a voice ask and I looked at the person, seeing a tall man with a frown on his face, with a few other people following him.

"I know who killed one of your lords." I said and they looked at me with a surprised expression.

"Why would we believe you?" The man asked with a stern gaze, I let out a small chuckle.

"Because one of your lords is the suspect." I said, looking at the person in his left who was shaking.

"Where's your proof?" He asked with a serious tone, I then wore a glove and I took the birth certificate and the orange liquid, showing it to them.

"Wear some gloves so you could confirm who's finger print this is." I said and the man nodded before lifting his hand and someone gave him a glove. He must be someone powerful here. Maybe.. a High-Lord?

He lent his hand in-front of me and he took the potion while glaring at one of his lords that I was looking at earlier when he also took a look at the certificate.

"You will meet the king once you are right, so he could give you a reward." The man said and I just nodded. I want to meet him now but it's better than nothing. I can't make any trouble here inside a different realm.

I was startled when one of the guards held my back and motioned for me to get inside and they let me seat outside a tower with a guard, looking after me.

DRAYCE

I was massaging my head while sitting on my throne, I was interviewing the lords but I couldn't find anything on them, I also interviewed the ones he had been with but there was not even a single clue.

"King Drayce, we are close to the suspect, someone gave us proof." Harrison mind-linked me, Great!

"Okay," I replied and the big door opened, revealing Harrison with a potion and a print scanner, the lords were hot in his trail. I got down from the throne and walked towards Harrison, surveying the potion and letting out a nod before letting Harrison do what he is doing while the lords were just looking at us expectantly.

We waited for a few more seconds until the scanner beeped and showed the picture of the suspect.

NARRATOR

A smirk appeared between Evera's lips when she saw the scanner with her vision.

"Gotcha, Gideon."

Okay, I guess there are two people I'm going to follow. Xx. ❤️