Chapter 7

EVERA

Everything went quiet when Drayce said that. My father was just staring at him, not moving at all.

"Okay, now you've all met. The food is ready, let's go!" My mother broke the awkwardness and pulled my Father towards the kitchen.

I gave my mother a grateful smile and she just nodded at me before smiling back.

"Sorry about my dad, he is always stupefied when facing with powerful beings." I explained to him. He just nodded.

"Your father is a half werewolf and vampire, he is powerful himself." He said while looking at the kitchen that was still fully covered with a wall.

"You're way powerful than my father, and I'm his daughter so he acts normal towards me." I answered and I heard him chuckle lightly.

"Well, then. I guess I need to make him comfortable towards me." He said with a grin. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, my father is easy to get along with as long as you like Venom." I said with a soft laughed. He looked at me with a confused expression.

"Venom? Isn't that from a snake that I heard about in the human world?" He asked. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Oh my goddess! You never watched Venom before!?" I asked him with a stunned and surprised expression. He shook his head.

"If you can watch it, then no." He answered. I pouted and just pulled him towards the kitchen and called for my father.

"Dad, if you're perfectly free today, Drayce want us to watch Venom." I said to my father excitedly. Immediately, a smile appeared on his face and he looked at my mate.

"Sure then, we'll watch after dinner." My father agreed, making me smile happily, I made Drayce sit on the wooden chair in front of the wooden table.

Of course, it's not only dad who loves Venom, I love Venom too! That movie rocks. Doesn't it?

My mom placed the plates on the table and sat down with my father.

"So, my wife told me you're staying here until the portal comes back." My father said, after seating on the chair. Drayce nodded before speaking.

"Is it alright with you, Mr. Serafino?" Drayce asked slowly.

"Of course, you're my daughter's mate. You're more than welcome!" My Dad replied with a smile.

The four of us started eating our food, my mom is a really good cook, she cooked us a fried chicken and she really made it Crispy.

After eating, we talk for a bit, then my dad stood up to open the tv and get the movie ready for us to watch the Venom movie.

My mom got an orange and apple juice ready for the movie since we were planning to have a movie night, also when we have a special guest with us who is a royal dragon.

After my mother placed the plates on the wooden table, dad already set the movie and it already started.

I became excited when my favourite part came. When Venom got inside the woman and she became a Venom lady. It was something else when they kissed. Call me weird, but it was hot for me.

After the movie ended, we decided to watch another movie and my father put on 'Warm Bodies,', this one is our family movie. We call it that because the three of us loves it a lot. The ending was amazing.

We would always watch 'Warm Bodies' every halloween, family night or if we have time for each other. We never get tired of it.

After the movie ended and the people are friends with the zombies now, we decided to finally call it a night.

We said goodnight to each other and went to our bedrooms. Drayce went to the bed and was about to place a pillow in the middle when I stopped him.

"No, don't." I said, he looked at me with a confused expression, still holding the pillow in mid-air.

"I mean.. I'm comfortable with you now, we don't need that.." I said with a blush. I saw him smile widely and placed the pillow aside before seating on the bed.

I also walked towards it and sat on my side of the bed. We looked at each other for a few seconds when I finally broke the silence.

"So uh.. let's sleep?" I asked awkwardly. Goodness me, goddess help me. He nodded and we both laid down on the bed.

"It's fine if you're still not comfortable, I can wait-" I cut him off before he could finish. I then turned my head to look at him.

"It's really fine, Drayce. It's just.. I never slept with a man or even another woman before, even Nixon and Lake never slept with me inside my room. When they stay here, they sleep on the couches in the living room. I need to get myself used to it.. because like what you said, you accept me and we are destined true mates. So if I have to stay with you, I should get used to you sleeping with me." I said without stopping. I took a deep breath after explaining everything.

Drayce stared at me for a few seconds before raising his hand to caress my cheek.

DRAYCE

"Okay, let's sleep now then." I told her while caressing her smooth cheek. Even if I'll be stuck here forever, I'm fine with it, As long as she's here with me.

"Okay." Then she closed her eyes until her breathing became steady.

Sure, I have a kingdom to run. But I only run it because I'm the first born, and I can give it to my brother anytime if I don't want to rule the kingdom-anymore.

My people are important to me, but my mate is more important. My brother had been taking care of the kingdom with me for a long time now, I know he will be a great king in my absence.

But if somehow the portal comes back and is allowed for two person to come inside, then I'll take her with me. But.. what about her family and friends in this realm?

I looked at her who is peacefully sleeping. I am her mate, yes, but I don't have the rights to make decisions for her. If only the portal will become permanent and we can use it anytime, then there will be no problem.

Even though I want her with me by my side to rule, especially that royal dragons only have 1 mate in our life. We never get a second chance when we meet our soulmates. We already met our soulmates once we find our mates, that's why we are called a destined true mates.

Even though I want her with me, her happiness is still my priority. If the portal can only fit two people or can only stay temporarily, then she'll have to choose.

And if she chooses her own realm, then I'll let her go for only that time. Because we are destined true mates after all. I'm sure the Goddess will plan everything. But what if.. no! No negative thoughts Drayce. Negative thoughts are dangerous for your heart and emotions.

I stared at her peaceful sleeping face and I slowly reached out to kiss her forehead softly, not to wake her up.

"I love you, Evera." I said before making my head comfortable on the pillow and closed my eyes before drifting off to sleep.

-

Aw, So sweet. So how is the Improvement? ❤️