Chapter 19

DRAYCE

I caressed the red rose that I brought from the human realm on my table before standing up and walking towards the big transparent window.

"Evera, I wonder how you are doing?" I asked to no one in particular while smiling sadly, thinking about our memories and time together. "I hope you are doing okay," I added.

It has already been 4 years without her and it hurts alot. But I need to be strong for the both of us. The dragon god and goddess gave us a chance to make our love bloom once again, I won't ever let this chance go.

"True love is worth waiting for," I remembered what Dragon Goddess told me that made me smile. "And true love is also worth fighting too." I added.

"Brother," I turned around to see my brother who has big smile on his face. I looked at him with confusion.

"What is it?" I asked him a big grin made it's way on his mouth that creeped me out a little. What's happening to him today?

"Tell you what?" He said, shaking my shoulders after running towards me.

"What?" I asked with a frown.

"I found my mate!" He exclaimed happily and my eyes widened in surprised, but soon it also turned into a wide smile and I Immediately gave him a brotherly hug.

"That's amazing! Congratulations!" I congratulated him with a big smile. I am happy for him.

"Thanks, You want to meet her?" He asked excitedly. I chuckled and nodded, I want to see who made my brother's heart this happy.

He pulled me out of my room and towards the living room. He opened the door and what greeted my eyes was the beautiful lady sitting on the couch, playing with a water. A water dragon?

"Morwenna!" My brother shouted and the water vanished from her hand and she Immediately stood up smiling.

"You're here— Oh my! King Drayce." She greeted with a bow, she was also shaking, making me frown.

"Hey, you don't need to bow on anyone anymore, he's my brother." I heard Logan say hugging her that made me smile. I remembered when I hugged Evera like that.

The lady named Morwenna looked at me and Logan with a shocked expression on her face.

"He- he's your brother?" She asked, surprised. Logan nodded, and did a motion to her as if to Introduce herself.

"Good afternoon your Majesty, I am Morwenna, uh a sea dragon. Nice to meet you.." She said shakily. I tilted my head in confusion. Why is she acting like that? Am I that scary?

I saw Logan smile at her reassuringly and he kissed her forehead before walking towards me and holding my wrist before pulling me out of the living room.

"Is she alright?" I asked him, making him sigh.

"Morwenna, I was enjoying the fresh air in the sea when I saw her being bullied by other sea dragons like her, when I felt that she was my mate, anger coursed through me and I scolded those dragon, I even noticed that one of them is the oldest princess." He explained, this time with a sad expression, making me frown.

"Why?" I asked him.

"She said that she was never able to shift, she can only use her powers. But not only that, her parents are already dead and she is alone in her life. She was bullied and mistreated and was called a weak dragon." He said with gritted teeth also making me growl, How dare they hurt my Sister-in-law?

"I'm sure she is special, She might shift soon. You do know that sometimes, shifters that do not shift in their childhood are gifted. Most of them." I said and he nodded with an approving smile.

"I am happy to meet my future Sister-In-Law, Logan." I said with a chuckle. He just rolled his eyes.

"And someday, I'll also meet my Sister-In-Law." He said before winking and going back inside the living room. I just shook my head in amusement.

But smiled, you will Logan. There is no way she will be kept away from me, I love her and I will wait and fight for her. I won't waste this second chance too.

I walked out of the castle, seeing Harrison about to go inside. He looked at me with surprised before putting on a worried look.

"King Drayce," He greeted with worry in his voice, making me frown.

"What happened?" I asked him with a serious tone.

"The king of underground dragons, king Andrey, saw one of our lords passed out inside their kingdom." Harrison reported while biting his bottom lip.

"Who?" I asked with frown.

"Lord Gale." He answered that made me widen my eyes. Gale? It's fine if it was Gideon since he almost have 3 enemies, but Gale? I don't even know who he has a fight with.

"Let's go," I said.

"What about Logan?" He asked me with curiosity. I looked back at the castle before smiling proudly.

"He needs time with his mate," I answered before letting my wings out and soaring through the skies with Harrison hot on my tracks.

We crossed the seas and Immediately landed on the black sand of the Underground Kingdom. I went into the big black tree in the middle before letting out a roar and saying my name, not too loud.

The ground shook and it turned into a circle around the tree, the sands hardened and turned into stairs. Harrison and I nodded at each other before walking down the stairs of black sands.

We arrived at a hallway and started to walk inside of it until we reached the closed door, we stopped for a few seconds before it slid open gracefully on it's own.

"King Drayce!" King Andrey greeted with a warm smile, but there was pity in his voice.

"How is he?" I asked Immediately. The underground dragons are just the same size as us but in terms of power, we are ahead of them.

He led us to a door and it also slid open after we step infront of it, I then saw Gale lying on the bed with a peaceful face, but he was pale, Then I realized something, I am the King I can feel the energy of my people, but if I don't, they are no more.

And today, I can feel his bond as my Lord, but.. I cannot feel his energy. My heart tightened. He is also one of my best Lords, he is good at advising.

"Did your healer find anything?" I asked him Immediately. His face turned serious.

"He is poisoned, king Drayce. And someone brought him here to frame us. Did he have a conflict with anyone for him to deserve this kind of death?" He asked with a serious expression on his face.

"No, he is almost one of my lords that don't get into such fights." I said with a frown. I heard King Andrey sigh.

"Hm, okay. Well I hope you guys find that bastard. So he would be punished for not only killing him but also framing us." Andrey said with gritted teeth. I nodded and pat his shoulder.

It is a big rule in our world to not kill unless we have a war, but framing is also against the law because dragons with the same planets are supposed to bring peace with each other.

And war never came since 500 years ago. We are all at peace, if killings are made, it will only be inside our own kingdom but if two dragons from two kingdom fights, a vote will be made.

After getting out under the ground with Gale, me and Harrison soar through the skies. We will find that bastard, and will be punished. And there is no doubt, that the vote of punishment will be death.

Well, Any guess on who it is? I'm gonna follow who ever made a right guess until the confirmation. Imma gonna keep mah word. *Smiles*