Chapter 3: Formation

Rosabelle's POV

It was the next morning when we woke up, make our bunks and we each took a warm shower, brushed our hairs to detangle them.

We were wearing our uniforms: light blue buttoned-up shirts with our name tags pins on the right side of the shirt. Mine said "Barclay R.", light blue trousers with a black long stripe on the side of the trousers, our black socks, our black shoes, our black zippered jacket, that had our names sewed on the left side of the jacket along with the Kent crest, black leather gloves, and our light blue cap. But Laney's has her golden rank pin in her cap.

We were talking a little, Andy introduced me to Whitehurst who was Andy's roommate.

With Laney, Landon, and Martinez:

Laney, Landon, and Martinez were talking when Martinez (Nicholas) saw the Barclays talking to Whitehurst more specifically Rosabelle, and was lightly blushing.

"Hey who's the new girl and boy?" Nicholas asked looking at me and my brother mostly me.

"That is Rosabelle and Andy Barclay. They are the new soldiers enlisted at Kent Military School." Landon said.

"I met Rosabelle yesterday Martinez but I haven't met Andy." Laney shrugged.

"I hope that Rosabelle... Miss. Barclay is lovely. What's she like?" Nicholas said before asking the twins about Rosabelle.

"She's a kind-hearted girl. She's fine, but she was creeped out by music and commercial when we went to meet your roommate who was Lanes here. All-round nice girl." Landon said.

"I also noticed she was startled when I surprised her, she is a nice girl, overall," Laney said.

"I hope I'll meet her. Lanes, can you introduce me to her?" Nicholas asked her, hoping that he can meet her.

"So Laney, there are two Barclays so how are we supposed to call the two by their second name?" Landon asked her about addressing the two Barclay siblings

"It's obvious Landy Mr. Barclay for Andy and Miss Barclay for Rose," Laney said, stating the obvious.

"Lieutenant Sheldon wants to see you all now. Chop Chop! Come on, the quicker we are, the more time for rest we have." Landon said.

They nodded along with us.

Back to Rosabelle's POV

We started to line up for attendance with the rest of the students. I was standing next to Andy, in the "At Ease" position. As Major Ellis was checking to see if we were all here; when he was done taking attendance he stayed at the front, waiting for Sheldon and Landon or Salazar, where they did an "About Phase" and they walked over to Major Ellis where he saluted at Sheldon.

"All present, and all accounted sirs." Major Ellis saluted.

Sheldon saluted back at him

"Thank you, Major Ellis." Sheldon saluted back.

He saluted at Salazar which he saluted back, his medals shined from the sunlight as they stared at the captain, then did an "About Phase" and he looked at us.

Then Sheldon and Salazar started to check and inspect to see if we were looking forward, and we were doing the correct position which was the "Attention". First, it was the children then he did an "About Phase" and he walked over to us, from looking at our shoes, then he looked at the faces.

Then Sheldon and Salazar saw my brother a little before Sheldon and Salazar could look at me, then he went back to my brother.

"You're the new boy, huh?" Sheldon said, looking at my brother.