no where to run (3) - NR

you guys wanted a part 3, so here you go. hope it's ok. i kept re-writing this so i'm sorry it's taken so long

warnings: mentions of sh & suicide
word count: 2.1k

Y/N POV:
Those 3 days went too quickly. Fury allowed us to stay an extra day, but it still didn't feel like long enough. I was dreading going back to the compound, knowing I'd have to face Nat and Peter. I was happy with Wanda and Yelena. They made me feel something I hadn't felt in ages.

Happiness.

Comfort

Safety.

Their simple gestures, such as bringing me hot chocolate when it was freezing, or even just giving me a hug when I needed it made me feel like I am worthy of love. Nat had done none of those things since Peter arrived, and I was touched starved. But Yelena and Wanda saved me. And I can't thank them enough.

But before we knew it we had to return to the compound. The jet was on autopilot as we flew over the snowy mountains, and I sat on the seat with my knees tucked into my chest, Yelena's hand gently stroking my back. The faint pressure of her fingers on my spine relaxed me slightly as my thoughts swirled around my head, suffocating my slightly. But I wouldn't let them get to me. Because I'm stronger now.

After a few hours the jet descended and we climbed out, my hand gripping Yelena's tightly. Wanda had mentioned that Fury wanted to see me, so I headed for his office. Wanda took our bags to our rooms and Yelena came with me. They whispered something to each other before we left, and I became suspicious that they knew something I didn't, but I didn't question it. I just needed to see Fury. His office was on the top floor of the compound, so we climbed the stairs and walked along the corridor, chatting all the way there about Switzerland. There was one single light on in Fury's office, so I knocked twice and waited for a response. A short "come in" was heard from inside, so I opened the door and we both walked it.

Fury was sat at his desk, still in his trench coat. I swear that man never takes that coat off. His hands were holding a brown folder and I guessed it was my agent level 6 folder. God I hated that thing. As I drew my eyes away from Fury, they landed on someone sat on the couch opposite his desk. Nat, or should I say 'mom', was sat with her fingers tapping her knee. She looked anxious, which is unusual for her. Yelena instantly pushed me behind her protectively and glared at Natasha, who stood up as she noticed us. Yelena's hand was firmly on my shoulder and I felt her tense at the sight of her sister.

"Natasha" she growled, her russian accent thick in her voice.

"Yelena. Y/N!" she exclaimed.

"Ladies. Come in and take a seat. Good to have you back Y/N. It's been hard not having my best level 6 agent at S.H.I.E.L.D" Fury said, gesturing to the couch. I hesitated but sat down on the opposite end to Nat, Yelena taking her seat next to me. I didn't look in Nat's direction but I could feel her eyes on me.

"So Y/N. You caught us at the right time. I was just about to show Romanoff here the footage I showed you before you left. I'm sure Belova will want to see it too."

I gulped. "Um yes sir. Have you explained anything to Nat?" I asked, not knowing how long their conversation had gone on for.

"It's mom to you Y/N." Nat jumped in, interrupting Fury.

"Romanoff" He gave her a look. "Please."

"Sorry sir" she replied, letting her back fall against the back of the couch. I heard Yelena sigh so I turned to her and flashed her a small smile. She grabbed my hand and started running her thumb over my knuckles.