Chapter 8

TW in the description - Please read carefully for this chapter especially

Thank you to Inkendz and Mindie_arts for both these pieces!

Alberto POV

It was late by the time the movie ended. Everyone was groggy from the huge diner, and they crowded in the hall, wishing each other goodnight. Everyone's bedroom was on the first floor except Luca's.

"Good night," Giulia said.

"Spokoynoy nochi," Eshe replied.

And the girls disappeared into their rooms.

"Alberto. I need to check your blood pressure before you go to sleep." Mattias said, already walking to the make-shift medical room.

Alberto grit his teeth, looking at Luca, who was standing at the foot of the staircase. He wanted some time alone to wish Luca goodnight.

After everything that happened, he felt like they should - talk about it? He didn't really know how to approach someone after doing what they did. But Mattias snapped his fingers.

"Come on, boy, come on!" He said, tapping his knees. Alberto sneered at him.

"Stupid doctor ruins everything." He thought.

"Well... goodnight then," Luca said shyly and turned up the stairs.

"Yeah, goodnight," Alberto said, watching him disappear. He then rounded on the doctor, glaring.

"What? Don't let me stop you from getting your goodnight kiss." Mattias teased. "I can give you a smooch if it'll make you feel better."

Alberto wanted to punch him.

They walked to the medical room, and Mattias wrapped a band around Alberto's arm. He filled it with air and watched the dial move.

"It's a little high." The doctor said.

"That's because I'm this close to killing you," Alberto growled.

"Hm," Mattias said unconcerned. He sighed, then took out his stethoscope, pressing the metal disk to Alberto's back.

After listening to his lungs, Mattias took a step back and gave Alberto a surprisingly serious look.

"What?" Alberto asked.

"How have you been feeling?" Mattias asked.

"Isn't it your job to know that?" Alberto said sarcastically. But then shrugged his shoulders when Mattias didn't comment back. "I don't know. Different." He confessed.

"You look different," Mattias said. "You've grown. And your muscle mass has increased."

"I don't know why," Alberto said. "Do you?"

"I have a theory," Mattias admitted. Alberto was surprised.

"Really? What is it?"

The doctor paused before saying, "I will keep that to myself until I know for sure."

"If I'm your patient, aren't you supposed to disclose all stuff about my health? Isn't that a law or something?" Alberto sneered at him. He didn't like being kept in the dark, especially about his own body.

"You are correct. Unless that information involved another person. Then I don't have to tell you anything." Mattias replied.

"What?" Alberto asked, confused.

"Doesn't matter. What matters now is you go to bed." Mattias said, brushing off the question.

Alberto was too tired to argue with him. He gave Mattias a begrudging thanks before leaving to his room.