Chapter 10.5

TW in the description
(Art coming!)

Alberto POV

Alberto couldn't sleep that night. He faced the wall, his back to Luca. The slight touch of their feet was their only contact. But it was enough to drive him crazy. Earlier that day... they had come very close to crossing a new threshold. It excited him but also made him question himself. Was he ready for this? Of course, he was. His body was making that perfectly clear. But... was Luca?

He must have finally fallen asleep because when Alberto opened his eyes, memories of lewd dreams filled his brain, making him turn red. He looked over at his mate, hoping Luca was asleep, and couldn't feel the thoughts running through him.

Luca lay on his side, back facing Alberto. His slow even breaths and the gentle rise and fall of the blankets told Alberto that Luca was still sleeping. He could see a small patch of exposed skin on the back of Luca's neck, just below the hairline and above the collar of his shirt. Alberto moved close, shuffling the blankets as he moved. He bent down, pressing his lips to the back of Luca's neck. It was a bit cold from the frigid air around them. The fire had gone out.

Alberto rose from the bed, goosebumps erupting along his skin as his feet hit the frozen floor. He poked the remaining embers back to life, fueling them with fresh logs he cut the previous day. He warmed his hands, feeling the heat seep into his skin. Satisfied with his work, he quickly got back under the covers.

"Don't... go." A half-asleep Luca whispered.

"I didn't want you getting cold," Alberto whispered.

"Then... hold me."

Luca began to scoot backward until his back was pressed to Alberto's chest. Alberto smiled, putting his arms around the smaller male, spooning him. Their shared warmth quickly spread under the covers.

Alberto couldn't help but smile. He kissed the back of Luca's neck again.

"I love you, Luca." He whispered, not expecting to be heard.

"I.... love...too." The half-asleep words replied. Somehow, it was even cuter than if he'd been awake.

Alberto nestled himself, breathing in the smell coming from Luca's hair. However, he quickly realized that was a mistake. That scent... the perfect combination of storm and sea, flooded his mind like a drug. It was a hurricane, equal parts power, and beauty. That was who they were. Together... Alberto felt they could do anything. Be anything as long as they had each other and could hold each other like this every morning.

The smell flooded both his mind and his body. And Alberto quickly realized his body was responding accordingly. He tried scooting his hips away so Luca couldn't feel him, but the moment he made a move, Luca pushed himself harder against his hips.

Alberto sucked in a breath as they made contact. And before he could resist, Alberto found himself gripping Luca's waist, pulling him even closer, pressing himself against Luca's body. Suddenly, a clarity rang through the Bond.

Luca was awake.

"Al?" Luca said in a questioning voice. "Are... you ok?"

"You tell me," Alberto whispered into the crook of Luca's neck as he pressed his arousal harder against Luca's legs.

"Oh~," Luca said, but the way he said it sounded like a little moan.

Alberto's breaths were heavy, and he could feel Luca's racing heart in his own chest.

"What do you want to do?" Alberto breathed. He didn't trust himself to make rational decisions right now. All he could think about was the stunning male in his arms and how badly their bodies wanted to be one.