CHAPTER 11: THE BEACH

As the school day ended I walked out of the building. Outside Izuku, Ochako and Tenya were waiting for us.

"I have permission to go for two hours." Armin said as he caught up with the group.

"Great!" Izuku smiled. "Then we're all set. Let's go!"
.
.
.
The walk was pretty nice. Izuku filled us with more details about other pro heroes such as best jeanist or Endeavor who we were later informed was Shoto's dad.

They were quite surprised to learn that we knew nothing about common "pop culture" but nonetheless, they still helped us.

Their laughters filled our ears, even Tenya laughed. We had such a great time, and without realizing it, we arrived.
.
.
.
(IZUKU'S POV)
We arrived at the beach and immediately left our bags on a towel, before heading straight to the shore.

I looked back to see armin and Y/n looking at the water, shocked.

"Armin! Y/n!" Ochako called. "Come on!!"

Armin was the first to move, taking small steps towards the shore before abruptly stoping once his feet touched the cold water.

He shivered slightly, then he looked back, motioning for Y/n to join him.

She moved slowly, a slight glint of fear plastered on her face.

No; it wasn't fear... it was disgust.
.
.
.
(ARMIN'S POV)
I finally got to see it. The sea.

I looked back to see Y/n standing there. I called her, stretching my hand so she would take it and come with us. She took careful steps while glancing at the sand. Slowly, she got her feet in the water, frowning slightly.

"What's wrong?" Tenya asked.

"Nothing." She replied, giving him a small smile.

"Awwwww. Your smile is so pretty Ackerman chan!! You should smile more often!!" Ochako clapped.

"Thank you." She smiled again. "Why do you call me by my surname? I don't have a particularly high rank."

"Rank? I think you're getting confused. These are just the honorifics. You know as you guys are new." Izuku answered as he looked at the sea.

"But you don't have to call us by our surnames. Armin and Y/n are fine." The blonde boy smiled.

"You don't have honorifics in your country?" Tenya asked as he sat on the sand.

"No. We call the higher ups by their rank. But apart from that, between comrades we have nothing." I explained, sitting beside him.

"Even after Y/n was promoted to squad leader, she never asked her members to call her anything special." Armin smiled, remembering how small she looked compared to the other squad leaders during their meetings.

"I'm confused by the place where you came from." Izuku muttered while he joined us on the sand. "What exactly are "squad leaders" are they like class representatives? What system did your old school have?"
.
.
.
(THRID PERSON POV)

As he asked his questions Y/n and armin couldn't help but look at each other. They had forgotten to explain to the whole class where they came from and what they used to do. Everyone had been so accepting and caring that both of them had just assumed that they already knew.
But now they realized that no one knew anything about them.

They themselves knew little about where they were.
Had they time travelled? Shifted? Was this to do with the founding titan?
They honestly didn't know.

The one thing they knew was that they were in "Japan" almost 2000 years from their original time.
.
.
.
"Uhhh guys??" Ochako waved. "Deku was asking you something, but you seemed out of it. Are you ok??" She asked, concern noticeable on her tone.