CHAPTER 31: THE GREAT SHOPPING MALL

The Saturday after the exams had finished, Y/n received a phone call from Midoriya. It was early in the morning and she had gone on her usual run when she was notified of some plans. Aizawa was making breakfast at home and when she came rushing in through the front door, he assumed that she had gotten into some sort of trouble. The man followed the teen back into her room where she proceeded to make a mess, trying to find something. After a few seconds of bewilderment, at her strange behavior, Aizawa spoke up.

"Ummm..." He cleared his throat. "Y/n?" The girl crouched over a pile of clothes, sorting them into other piles across the room. She looked weird, in the eyes of the teacher.

"What should I wear?" She asked without taking her sight off the clothes. Aizawa stepped into the room and took a place right next to the girl, also examining the piles.

"Well, where are you going?" The man sighed as he sifted through her clothes. She didn't actually have a lot of pieces to choose from.

"Shopping, I think. Izuku said something about a mall." She chuckled, always feeling like her friends were inventing new words on the spot to confuse her.. "Whatever that is."

Aizawa looked at the girl and smiled. He had only known her for a few months and had only now started to see her come out of her hardened shell. He smiled even more once he realized the reason why he thought she was acting differently. She wasn't acting, she was just being a regular teenager, with doubts about what to wear and normal plans like going shopping. Aizawa could only hope that she would stay in that mindset for a little longer.

"You know what," Y/n said as she looked at what her teacher was wearing, "never mind." Aizawa acted all offended, gasping and putting a hand on his chest.

"Fine young lady..." He got up. "Have it your way"

.

.

.

Y/n walked to the train station, a bit unsure of her wardrobe choice. She had ended up calling Midnight for some wardrobe advice, the latter encouraging her to get out of her comfort zone. In the end, Y/n decided to wear a sundress that the teacher had bought her a few weeks prior. It was pink and had white flowers embroidered at the hems. it was shorter than what she'd like and also very tight around her bust. The girl thought about it, with the R-rated hero you win some and you lose some.

The two women agreed that Aizawa's clothes were kinda trash and that his taste in women's fashion was even worse. Even so, Y/n couldn't deny that his hero costume was perfect.

Nearing the train station, Y/n began to panic more as she saw just how many people were waiting to get on the 10 am one. She could only guess how many more people were already inside the train. She fidgeted with her phone, desperately trying to ignore the unwanted looks she was getting. It was too early in the morning to deal with creeps and besides, she wasn't in the mood for a confrontation, not that she wouldn't win.

Once the train arrived, she hesitated to enter due to the sheer amount of people that were already in, she felt like it would be a health hazard to add to the count. However, her attempts to back out of it and walk to the mall were stopped when a group behind her pushed her to get on as well. Inside the train she was squished and tossed around like a ragdoll. She cursed her genetics and early life malnourishment for her troubles nowadays, like being able to grab one of the top bars on a moving train for security. Levi sure would love this, she thought.

As fate would have it, the moment she finally slipped, a pair of strong arms caught her, preventing a faceplant. Those arms, however, were unable to stop the momentum and so the two people went crashing into the nearest wall. Nobody else seemed to notice and as more people got into the train, the two got closer and closer together. Finally, Y/n looked up at the person who caught her and then crashed into her chest, just as that person began speaking.