CHAPTER 17: REST FOR A MINUTE

The class lowered their voices as the fragile figure of their teacher made its way to the front of the room

"I'm glad to see you in good condition Mr. Aizawa." Iida exclaimed, getting mixed reactions from his classmates, as Mr. Aizawa was in fact, not looking in good.

"Yes I know what you're going to ask... Y/n and Armin will be arriving soon, and no..." He sighed. "They were not harmed. They are perfectly fine." The man groaned as more students started to assault him with questions regarding the two ex-soldiers.
.
.
.

"We don't want excuses... we want answers." There was a profound silence as the teacher, Midnight, demanded information from the two teens.

They had been stopped as soon as they entered campus and had been discretely escorted to the teachers' lounge. There, they had been 'interrogated', if you could even call it that. The adults had been targeting their questions towards Armin, seeing how he was the more cooperative one of the two. The blonde boy, now very overwhelmed, was on the brink of tears.

"I still dont know what you want from us." Y/n replied in a sleepy voice. Now feeling all pairs of eyes on her, she sank back into her chair.

"Who are you?" Another member of faculty asked. "We need to know." Several more shouted inaudible questions making the h/c haired girl cover her ears.

"We-" Armin tried his best to answer, but not even he knew what to say. More people started talking.

"Where do you come from, Y/n?" The voice of the principal shut everyone down. It was strange how much power that rat-bear-thing had over all the heroes. It was something Y/n seemed to like, respect.

"Didn't Armin tell you that already?" She looked up to meet the eyes of the mouse. They were filled with child-like curiosity.

"No, he didn't and when I tried to ask him I was informed that he had run away from the hospital... WITH YOU!" For a second he looked mad.  He quickly changed his expression.

"You're deranged and this is demented." The girl stood up, making some of the teachers uneasy.

"Demented? What is?" The animal spoke again. He didn't fear the two in front of him. He saw them as kids who needed help.

"The explanation im going to give you. Brace yourselves."
.
.
.
(Y/N's POV)
"You didn't tell them the whole truth." Armin sighed as we exited the room. "You already lied once and it didn't end up well for you. Tell the truth now Y/n, spare yourself the anguish of secrets." He stopped walking.

"I know, you know, and they know." I looked back at him. "But it gives them the core information, which is what they wanted." I said before grabbing his arm so I could drag him along to class.

"The teachers seemed skeptical. Do you really think they believed it?" He asked once again when we were reaching the main hallway.

"Maybe... I didn't lie though. The question now is, how long will it take for them to figure out that there is more to the truth than what we said." He took his arm from my grip, spinning me around and forcing me to look at him.

"We?" He remarked.

"Yes, WE. You withheld information from principal Nezu too." We were almost in front of our homeroom by this point. "And you strangely 'forgot' to mention to the police your quirk when they came to interrogate you at the hospital. Instead you opted for keeping silence." He looked down as he realized I was right, he was a liar too. "Anyway... lets try to be friends ok? Its only us right now. So we're going to have to rely on each other."