CHAPTER 30: EXAM TIME

The dreaded day of the exam arrived quicker than we expected. That morning, Aizawa woke me up early and gave me a 'proper' breakfast while he went over my training and Mr. Krueger's notes. He was more nervous than I was.

Once I got to school I got dressed and gathered with my classmates. We were all expecting to fight entrance-level robots, so everyone was relaxed. Instead, we were surprised with a change of plans. Suddenly, the students were to fight people, not robots. And who better to fight against than our own teachers?
All hell broke loose. Some whined and complained but their decision was firm. The teachers did give themselves a disadvantage as they tied weights around their wrists and ankles, this made little to no effect at soothing us. Pairs were selected and assigned a teacher. Armin and I were the last ones to get assigned. We didn't get just one teacher, we got two.

Eraser head and All Might.

Again, this sent many students into a fit as they tried to advocate for us, but it was no use as it had already been settled.
Since our exam was last Izuku managed to convince me to analyze all the other exams, with the one condition being that he'd write a detailed analysis on Armin and I's exam performance. The green haired boy expected too much and for a few moments i thought about actually doing it the way he asked me. But that was boring. Armin felt bad for him and decided to do his own analysis.

My notes on their exams were as follows:

- Sato & Kirishima vs. Cementoss. (Failed)
Honestly embarrassing. What were they thinking? Against none other than Cementoss they had the brilliant idea of using brute force by 'breaking' every barrier that the teacher built. The problem was that they did no damage and instead damaged themselves. They should've ran away. First match and they both failed. Disappointed but not really impressed. Idiot moves.
1/10 (1 for the effort and the sweat.)

- Asui & Tokoyami vs. Ectoplasm. (Passed)
It was beautiful. Ectoplasm's quirk is honestly quite terrifying but they managed to outsmart him. Tsuyu's quirk never ceases to amaze me and dark shadow seemed stronger. Overall they did a great job. Their quirks complement each other perfectly.
9/10 (communication was slow for the first part of their exam)

- Iida & Ojiro vs. Power Loader. (Passed)
Fantastic job from the class rep and my hand to hand combat pupil. They saw their options and decided to run away, which was the correct thing to do. Against Power loader they had no chance.
9.5/10 (0.5 for their piggyback exit. Glorious. Denki has pictures.)

- Todoroki & Yaoyourozu vs. Eraser Head. (Passed)
I loved Vice president Yaomomo's approach. Good job from both of them. They had a rocky start but still managed to fix their differences and ended up capturing Eraser head, that's not an easy feat.
7.5/10 (-1 because Shoto has issues communicating. Also Aizawa went easy on them.)

- Uraraka & Aoyama vs. Thirteen. (Passed)
Another great job by one of my hand to hand combat pupils. When surrounded she managed to tackle thirteen and Aoyama put the restraints. Uraraka carried. Aoyama's powers are nice, it's a shame he gets tummy aches.
8/10 (Aoyama said something that distracted Uraraka but none of us know what it was.)

- Ashido & Kaminari vs. Nezu. (Failed)
Terrible job, terrible execution. Hilarious. Nezu is a formidable creature, in Armin's words "A genius rat bear thing." Mina and Denki lost so badly I felt a wave of pity coming from the other students. They could've used their brains better if they actually studied.
0.5/10 (for the laughs I had with the others)

- Koda & Jiro vs. Present Mic. (Passed)
Great job, I'm impressed. Present Mic's demonic screeches would've made me want to die, props for not dying. Koda's act of carrying Jiro to safety was great. While he could've ran away on his own and still passed, he made sure his partner was also safe from Present Mic's screeches.
9/10 (+ 1 because HE ACTUALLY TALKS)