CHAPTER 21: UNDENIABLE CHAMPIONS

"Mei Hatsume has withdrawn herself from the competition."

As Midnight announced this the crowd went silent. Apparently all of her good 'babies' had been broken or damaged in some way during the first two rounds of the sport festival. This led her to quietly quit the competition before even more of her inventions were damaged.
Now it was up to the other teams to decide who would go in her place. Ultimately, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu from class 1B, was chosen to participate.
.
.
I stared anxiously at the screen. Izuku vs Hitoshi. I didn't know who deserved it more. On one hand, Izuku had been training hard to control his power but on the other hand Hitoshi had also been doing the same. I decided to remain imparcial. The best would win.
.
.
.
(SHINSO's POV)
I had nothing to worry about... after all I had been training with Y/n.
The last weeks had been torture. Every day, after school, Y/n and I would walk over to gym gamma. There, we would train for a couple of hours. Each day she would target a new weakness I didn't even know I had.

It was at during one of those sparing lessons with her when I realized that I might have developed some type of feelings. I immediately pushed them to the back of my mind, it wasn't the time to discuss them. But I thought to myself... if I was to win the sports festival somehow, I would tell her. Or maybe not. These feelings confused me.

My thoughts were prematurely cut off by Midnight, who started the match. As we both prepared to fight I began to taunt Midoriya. I knew that Y/n wouldn't have told anyone about my quirk, so he had nothing on me. She however, also hadn't told me anything about anyone in class 1A.
I somehow failed to realize that others might have told him about my power. Armin and that monkey guy, Ojiro, both knew to some extent my abilities. I decided to play with that idea and started targeting them instead. My comments worked as something in Midoriya's mind switched and he spoke.
Bingo.

Now it was all just a waiting game. After I ordered him to walk about of bounds I looked over and saw Y/n. She had a confused expression plastered on her face.
Is she disappointed?
Does she not want me to win?

Thoughts like those ran though my mind and before I knew something had changed. A powerful gust of wind engulfed me.

What?

Has he broken out of my Brainwash?
.
.
.
(3rd PERSON POV)
Y/n was standing next to the railing. When the the explosion was set off she collapsed to her knees. Several of her peers  -including Armin- went to her aid.

Y/n had seen something she was probably not meant to see. 9 figures, perfectly shadowed were staring back at Midoriya from one of the stadium's entrances. Only one of the 9 figures was looking at her, directly, almost as if it knew who she really was.
The next moments were a blur as the two titan shifters experienced a sharp pain on their temple. A flash of color and then the fight was over. Shinso was out of bounds.

Midoriya had won.
.
.
.

After Shinso and Midoriya's match came Sero and Todoroki's. The bi-color haired boy entered the arena looking mad, something that almost everyone in class 1A took notice of, including Y/n.

"Poor Hanta..." She whispered under her breath. The fight was quick and what seemed like a good move from Sero was quickly overpowered by Todoroki. He shot massive amounts of ice, freezing almost half of the stadium and in mobilizing his opponent.
The two boys looked at each other.
In 1A's personal bleachers, murmurs began surfacing.