𝖝. prophetic predictions

chapter ten

chapter ten.
( prophetic predictions )

              THE EUPHORIA AT GRYFFINDOR FINALLY WINNING THE CUP LASTED FOR AT LEAST A WEEK

THE EUPHORIA AT GRYFFINDOR FINALLY WINNING THE CUP LASTED FOR AT LEAST A WEEK. The party after the match had been bigger and better than the previous one, ending only when the beaming sun rose for the next day, leaving students from all houses with pounding headaches and a killer hangover. As June rolled in, the weather brightened up, the grey clouds shifting away and allowing the sun to peak through and shine gloriously over the castle.

Most people just wanted to bask in the heat by laying down and sunbathing by the Black lake and drink gallons of ice-cold pumpkin juice whilst their skin was tinged by the sun. However, they couldn't. As the end of the year approached, that also meant exams were nearly upon them, so they were forced to stay within the castle refines and attempt to ram any useful bits of information into their brains. Even Fred and George, who half the time claimed they didn't care about working, were spotted studying for their OWLs ( Ordinary Wizarding Levels ). Percy was preparing himself to take his NEWTs ( Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests ), the highest qualification you can achieve at Hogwarts. As Percy hoped to work for the Ministry of Magic, he needed the best grades he could get. He became increasingly edgy, and gave out severe punishments to anybody who disturbed the quiet of the common room in the evenings. In fact, the only person who seemed more anxious than Percy was Hermione.

Ascella, Ron and Harry had given up on asking Hermione how she was doing so many exams at once. However, when they saw her timetable, Ron couldn't help but restrain his curiosity when they saw the schedule she had made for herself. The first column read:

Monday

9 o'clock, Arithmancy
9 o'clock, Transfiguration

Lunch

1 o'clock, Charms
1 o'clock, Ancient Runes